Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

Compilation of departures/landings at LHR B747v3

Compilation of departures/landings at LHR with PMDG B747v3 Beta. Internal and outside views

• Upvote 2

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Internal and outside views

Nice! I'm so busy testing random things that I rarely ever stop to appreciate stuff like this. Thanks for putting it together Chris!

Kyle Rodgers

Nice, can´t wait to fly the queen.

Best regards

Peter Lund

Best regards

Peter Lund

Nice, can´t wait to fly the queen.

I can't wait til you all have it, honestly. I think you're all going to enjoy it. Some cool stuff coming after it, too  :ph34r:

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

I can't wait til you all have it, honestly. I think you're all going to enjoy it. Some cool stuff coming after it, too  :ph34r:

Do hint.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Just a guess, but if the testers are showing aircraft with commercial liveries, I suppose release isn't a long way off now.

Do hint.

hint.cpp:12:11: error: expected 'while'

:P

(Sorry...awful code joke...)

RSR will have an update for you all soon enough, I'd imagine.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, I know this is beta software but one thing I've noticed from your videos is that the slats redeploy as soon as the thrust reversers are stowed, whereas on the real thing there is an approximate five or six second delay between the reversers stowing and the slat redeployment.

I would post a link but can't figure out how to do it from my iPad. Just watch any video of a landing 744 with the slats in view and reverse thrust used, they correctly stow to prevent damage but they don't redeploy immediately on reversers stowing.

Just wondered if this is on your list of things to fix, the previous PMDG Queen of the Skies had this immediate slat redeployment issue too. All engine types on the real thing seem to have the same delay with the slats.

Nice vid man. She sure looks real. Just a question to any of you beta testers who had the original queen. On landing when the spoilers deploy, they would flutter a tiny bit as if fighting the forces against them, very realistic touch just like the real thing. Did not notice this in the video. Hope they haven't done away with this. Regards TJ.

Terence Jordan

Nice vid man. She sure looks real. Just a question to any of you beta testers who had the original queen. On landing when the spoilers deploy, they would flutter a tiny bit as if fighting the forces against them, very realistic touch just like the real thing. Did not notice this in the video. Hope they haven't done away with this. Regards TJ.

Don't forget that this isn't the "finished product". You may be seeing an earlier version with some functionality not yet included.

I am very impressed. I have not had much time to fly over the last 6 months due to work commitments but 2017 will be different and I have got myself a 43" 4K monitor and GTX1080 in preparation for the 747v3.

The sounds on this, even through a YouTube video, seem so rich and nuanced, its really a very very impressive bit of work so far.

Well done guys

JUST MINDBLOWING yet again phenomenal effort by PMDG. Thanks for the tease she'll be well worth the wait.... actually she'd fit rather nicely in a xmas stocking!!  :dance:

Jeff Blyth

Guys, could you check the timing between engine reverser sleeve movement and leading edge flap movement.

I've seen a video where the sleeves reach full deployment before the leading edge flaps start moving (Rolls Royce).

In the same video, there was about 5~6 seconds between the start of sleeve closure and the beginning of leading edge flap re-extension. This was an external view video.

All reverser service bulletin modifications have been carried out on the aircraft in this video.

Unfortunately, I can't explain the delays (electrically). The delays may be due to transit times for pneumatic valves, pneumatic drive motors to start turning, etc (although that doesn't explain why the re-extension delay is greater than the stow delay).

Thanks!

John H Watson.