Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

Compilation of departures/landings at LHR B747v3

Thanks PMDG , this will be great  !!  I am really looking forward to release...

just one thing: there seems to be quite a long delay between start of rumble/rolling - sound and spoiler deployment on touchdown. Judging from realworld videos from the flightdeck the very first thing you here on touchdown is the spoiler deployment. Rumbling sounds mostly start when nosewheel is on the ground.....

Of course thats just my impression....but might be interesting

Thanks and best regards

Irimi

What happened to the sound of the thrust reversers?

Christopher - that is still work in progress and not the final version. 

just one thing: there seems to be quite a long delay between start of rumble/rolling - sound and spoiler deployment on touchdown. Judging from realworld videos from the flightdeck the very first thing you here on touchdown is the spoiler deployment. Rumbling sounds mostly start when nosewheel is on the ground.....

Of course thats just my impression....but might be interesting

Thanks and best regards

Irimi

Irimi - Don't pay too much attention to the sounds in this video - for a number of reasons they are not what you expect to hear in the sim.   

Hopefully some more videos from the Beta team will reflect the true sounds from the outside and wing views, but certainly this video does not depict how the aircraft actually sounds currently.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Thanks for the clarification, Armen. Thrust reverser sounds are (to me) one of the most important sound effects of all with simulated airliners. They are great in the 737NGX, so I expect them to be just as good (or even better) in this 747 :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guys, could you check the timing between engine reverser sleeve movement and leading edge flap movement.

I've seen a video where the sleeves reach full deployment before the leading edge flaps start moving (Rolls Royce).

In the same video, there was about 5~6 seconds between the start of sleeve closure and the beginning of leading edge flap re-extension. This was an external view video.

All reverser service bulletin modifications have been carried out on the aircraft in this video.

Unfortunately, I can't explain the delays (electrically). The delays may be due to transit times for pneumatic valves, pneumatic drive motors to start turning, etc (although that doesn't explain why the re-extension delay is greater than the stow delay).

My point exactly, albeit made rather more eloquently!

Thanks!

John H Watson.

Sorry, Matthew, I must have missed your message. I didn't intend to duplicate it.

Cheers

John H Watson