Sign in to follow this  
pilot83

X Plane 11 GPS and FMS

From Xplane's you tube channel

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

It took nearly two hours for someone to post a thread about this.  I considered it, but realized I'd be wearing the "Captain Obvious" hat, since most everyone here is either using the beta and gets emails from XP or are just on the newletter to stay informed.  I won't get into the social media aspect (since I have zero to do with that stuff), but I would nary a guess that they have this plastered there too.

Good to see them making headway on the FMS, but it almost seems like they are working on the easy stuff right now.  What about the weather?  Now THERE'S a challenge for LR! lol

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Good to see them making headway on the FMS, but it almost seems like they are working on the easy stuff right now.  What about the weather?  Now THERE'S a challenge for LR! lol

I'm as impatient as anyone for a revamped weather engine. However, someone in another post made the point that XP11 has a new lighting method and new haze generation, and it wouldn't make sense to re-write the weather engine before that's in place.

So maybe there's still hope for improvement somewhere in the XP11 cycle. I would still like to see an actual thunderstorm modeled in X-Plane before I pack up my last computer and head off to the nursing home...

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Good to see them making headway on the FMS, but it almost seems like they are working on the easy stuff right now.

This is Philipp's domain, who has little to do with some of the other aspects of the sim. I would guess that he is working on the GPS, the FMS and the G1000 exclusively right now.

Looks like the new FMS has a lot of nice items from what I see on the video.  I gave it a try based on what I saw, but alas I keep getting the Key Not Active error. CLR will take it off but it comes right back.

Some things work, some don't. I was interested in the Status part of the panel where the narrator of the video clicked on Nav Data/World (XPlane)  in the Status panel and a number of new icons came up. About 2:19 into the video.

Anyone get that to work? If a manual or other instructions for that FMS are available I sure would like a link.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

From Xplane's you tube channel

Thank you, it's great to see progress with the fmc and gps stuff!

Tom

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Some interesting tips concerning the GPS! Nice!

Maybe I should read an XP11 manual... if there is one. (Also because the Cessna AP behalve a bit odd btw.)