Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Flysimware aircraft 50% off at JustFlight

Hi Bjoern,

I don't have the Moo-2 - but the LJ has rapidly become an all time favorite - easily worth the price of Carenado's most expensive aircraft with far less frustration... She's just a hoot to fly and things work... If you pick her up - just shout - there are some mods you want...

The finished paint you helped me out with:

Prepar3D%202016-11-27%2021-25-54_zpsr7jn 

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Flysimware's own store at http://www.flysimware.com/FLYSTORE_2015/en/ has 50% off, too.

Question is, do you want a jet or a turboprop? I own their C441 and MU-2B, because I wanted turboprops and prefer the C441 due to the well-arranged cockpit (or maybe I'm just more used to Cessna layouts).

Some more comparisons for the LJ35, MU-2B, C441 (and C402 as a regular piston) are in this recent thread: http://www.avsim.com/topic/499043-my-first-flysimware-product-perhaps/

Scott,

What mods? I have the Lear, and I'd love to know what I'm missing in the mod department.

Stephen

Hi Stephan,

You may have them - make sure you have the latest model - 2.7 - as FSW has continually updated and improved the product... On the FSW page - in the paint library - there is a panel graphics update that really adds a lot of pop to the panel... Then here on AvSim in the FSW forum - ping Al ("ark") with your email address - he has a fix for the annunciator panel that fixes an erroneous windshield heat indicator - in addition he has an excellent set of LUA Scripts that will give you full button control over the autopilot and other essential commands - I couldn't go back to flying without them... The LUA Scripts require a paid version of FSUIPC to assign the functions to key presses - pretty simple to setup - the hardest part is finding unused key strokes to assign...

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Scott

Question is, do you want a jet or a turboprop?

Well, I'd go for the one that I won't have to mod. The Lear may have the performance but the Moo has the versatility (and character, to be honest).

So...

Is the entire panel state saved across FSX sessions?

Is there a bit of failure modeling (overtemp/overspeed)?

I like that they continuously update their models (even the older ones).

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

PC Aviator also has the sale.  Wait for 10% off Tuesday for greater savings.

Or add the loyalty coupon for $5 off, which is an extra 25% off the sale price....

Hi Bjoern, I don't have the Moo-2 - but the LJ has rapidly become an all time favorite - easily worth the price of Carenado's most expensive aircraft with far less frustration... She's just a hoot to fly and things work... If you pick her up - just shout - there are some mods you want... The finished paint you helped me out with: Regards,Scott

Can you recommend some good paints?

Hi Carlos,

LOL - you mean other than my own ?

:Tounge:

There doesn't appear to be many - the FSW site has a repaint section most of which is mirrored here in the FL...

Hi Bjoern,

Remember states like A2A ? I don't think so...

Failure modes ? None that I'm aware of but I don't usually use them...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Carlos,

LOL - you mean other than my own ?

:Tounge:

There doesn't appear to be many - the FSW site has a repaint section most of which is mirrored here in the FL...

Hi Bjoern,

Regards,

Scott

Lol, no, your own will be fne if that above is an example! Are they just in the library or where/how should I look for them?

Thanks!

HI Carlos,

I've only got two in the library - with a couple more in the oven... Just search for "Learjet" and sort by date - my additions are the most recent... I plan to start leaving unmarked versions so people can tag them whatever reg numbers they want...

Regards,

Scott

Meh.

Thanks though.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Any opinions on the Cessna 402? 

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

See the link posted above - they discuss many of the FSW products... We've seen a constant improvement in modeling and textures in their product line as FSW has progressed - the 402 was one of their earlier works - so it looks a little rougher around the edges than the more current stuff... I'm a huge fan of Cape Air and C402's - I've been waiting on a decent one for years - the FSW model looks a little too rough for me but that's just my opinion - I don't own it... If they did a V2 and made it on par with the Lear - I'd be all over it...

Regards,

Scott