Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Flysimware aircraft 50% off at JustFlight

Thanks Scott. I've got their Lear and MU2 and am happy with them. A good piston twin along the lines of Real Air's Duke would be nice.

Cheers,

Dave

What's the VAS usage for the Learjet? (Impact can be judged by the size of the texture folders loaded by the aircraft.)

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Hi Dave,

My favorite light twin at this point is the MilViz C310 - it's a joy to fly...

Hi Bjoern,

The default texture folder is 124M - add another 16M or so for individual repaints... Much of the VAS usage can be attributed to the lighting dimmers in the cockpit - it has at least 4 levels on both the panel and floods - there is an option to eliminate the dimmers if VAS is an issue...

Ryan mentioned the VAS usage was good and considerably less than the Lear 25 model by Xtreme Prototypes - no first hand knowledge though... The FSW Lear runs well on my old I2700K @ 4.7Ghz...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Sold.

Aaaaand the installer is already making me angry. Why on earth would you deny someone and installation into a temporary folder?! Gah!

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Hi Scott,

The Milviz Cessna 310 is a great aircraft. I put 1500 hours on one in the rw doing forest fire suppression. On that job things were done to that aircraft that Cessna never envisioned. Every couple years the wings and tail were pulled off and checks for cracks etc were conducted. Sometimes down low it'd be so rough you couldn't even talk. Solid robust airplane when maintained properly. 285 hp Continentals were for the most part bullet proof. Ours had a VG kit that dropped the stall 10 knots. Handy to have. A little squirrelly when IFR without an autopilot (single pilot IFR without an autopilot is legal in Canada under certain conditions) but that squirrellyness made it wonderfully maneuverable on fire work. I've got a soft spot for the Milviz CC310. 

I did buy the C402. It's okay. That said it could stand being "refreshed" but the bottom line is it's a nice creation. 

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Bjoern,

Sorry for the frustration - don't go green on us - lol - hope you get it worked out...

:wink:

Hi Dave,

Hah - that's the problem with flying these great Sim Planes - makes you want to fly the real ones as well... The C310 seems like an almost "manageable" twin in today's market but the care/feeding of two mills would keep me up at night... Sounds like you've had quite the flying career and I bet you have the stories to prove it... I've got some stick time in a Duchess - but - that's about the extent of my twin experience...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7