Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

A Little Problem

Guest BeaverDriver

Back again. I thought I'd share this with you in case others were having a similar problem. Tonight I did a full 7.2 hour flight (Trondheim, Norway to Anchorage, Alaska). This time on shutdown, I did 2 things differently and one (at least) of those things fixed my problem. Before shutting the sim down, I first I shut down AS2016. The next thing I did was load the default 172. THEN I shut the sim down. This time, no crash. So Kyle, I think you may have been on the right track, I furthermore think SimConnect might have an issue with the 777. Something there isn't allowing a routine of some type to quit and FS gets "confused". Now, it might have been switching to the 172, or it might have been shutting down AS2016 first, not sure, but the next time I'll do one or the other, not both, and see if I can wiggle this down further yet. Anyway, there does appear to be a solution on the horizon. Hopefully this helps others who might be experiencing this. I'll be back after the next flight to let you know the results of the next test.

Glenn

The next thing I did was load the default 172. THEN I shut the sim down

You could be onto something there. I have never seen that tried before. Was the T7 flight recorded in the Logbook?

I actually have an exit crash on several programs, FSX, P3D, Cities Skylines and Planet Coaster. It does not bother me but affects more than just PMDG airplanes, the FSlabs A320 is also affected (at least for me). I just put it down to a Win10 issue.

Glenn, it should be AS16 closing before exiting FSX that solves the problem. Over the years I had the same issue with few of these 3rd party add-ons, working outside FSX. Right now vPilot (VATSIM client software) does this to me. So now I have a habit to close all those, let few seconds pass and close FSX/end flight. And yes, I guess its SimConnect, nothing else...

Guest BeaverDriver

Namejs - yup, you got it! Thanks for this. I was able to confirm it today after a 6.5 hour flight and shutting down AS2016 first (this is even after the AS2016 update yesterday). I did not switch to the default 172 this time as I did last, and all was good on shutdown. Thanks very much for confirming this for me. All is great now (gotta say, I sure do love this airplane!!)

Wes, yeah, you have something else going on there for sure. I think you pretty much summed it up into one word - Windows :P . I don't think that's related to the issue here.

Thanks again guys. I'd say this wraps up this little mystery. Hopefully others, should they encounter the problem, will find this in a search and presumably save them a lot of troubleshooting.

Next up, the 747 :smile:  (but only after a whole lot more of the 777 :wink: )

Glenn

I'd say this wraps up this little mystery

Glenn

I hope I am wrong but I would be willing to bet money that you are back with the same problem in a week or two.