I currently have a 750ti and I am hopefully getting a new GPU for the holidays, a GTX 1060. I've got an OC AMD FX8350 running at 4.3 GHz. Will the 1060 increase my frames drastically in P3D? I currently get about 25 in the QW757 cockpit at IAD, with ASN, Rex, Flightbeam, etc.

Simple answer... NO it wil not. 

The problem is not your GPU but your CPU. It isn't fast enough. And that sounds weird, but I once had an AMD running at 4.4Ghz and when I switched to Intel I had 30 percent more frames at 3.2Ghz stock speed. Then I OC'd to 4.2 and I now have twice as many as on the AMD setup.  So I reckon the best Holiday treat would be a new MOBO and CPU. 

To put things in perspective... 

When I'm not at home and I want to fly... I fire up the Surface Pro 3 (tablet) and get 30fps in the QualityWings 757 VC on an 2.2Ghz Intel i5 with onboard graphics. 

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

The problem is not your GPU but your CPU. It isn't fast enough.

How? Is it because I have 8 cores instead of 4? 

So I reckon the best Holiday treat would be a new MOBO and CPU. 

Kinda hard to change my list 5 days from lol

It has to do with the CPU architecture and the way it handles the data. Intel CPU's just do a better job when it comes to ESP based platforms.

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

It has to do with the CPU architecture and the way it handles the data. Intel CPU's just do a better job when it comes to ESP based platforms.

I thought P3D was more GPU based than CPU, the main reason I switched was for an upgrade for my GPU. My CPU isn't even a year old. 

Most people I talked to said this would be a huge upgrade and performance boost for P3D :(