Sign in to follow this  
lencarne

update

So i finally got round to upgrade. PMDG 737-800/900NGX for FSX / FSX-SE (v1.10.6461)  was downloaded from aerosoft. Unzipped and run installer as admin. Exe file was 769kb. however I still have SP1c when I look at the cdu and no radar. Is there a guide to doing this upgrade? TIA

So i finally got round to upgrade. PMDG 737-800/900NGX for FSX / FSX-SE (v1.10.6461)  was downloaded from aerosoft. Unzipped and run installer as admin. Exe file was 769kb. however I still have SP1c when I look at the cdu and no radar. Is there a guide to doing this upgrade? TIA

Gotta uninstall the old version before attempting to install using the new installer (which is a full installer).

Kyle Rodgers

ok...  Will that zap my BA livery?

Run the PMDG Operations Center before uninstall of the old version and after install of the new version.. When you run it after the install it will tell you have a message. Answer yes about repairing liveries. BA will then be there.

Catch22 cos i dont get the op centre until I install the new

It has been so long since I switched from the Livery Manager to OC that I don't remember if there was procedure to save liveries or not. I don't believe there was. At the time the livery was downloaded and unzipped from wherever the .ptp file needed to be saved to a user created folder. If you have done this you can use the Livery Manager in the OC to get the .ptp file into your liveries. If you have not saved the .ptp file in a user created folder you will need to get it from where you got it in the first place. Download the new installer and unzip it. Maybe there is a README file that explains exactly what to do. Is it a PMDG livery or third party livery?

it was a third party out of the avsim library G-DOKZ, the last of the BA 737's. I guess I can get it back tho there is one in the OC. I flew the Ryanair last night anyway just to take a look. On landing I noticed I lost my GS indicator for taxiing speed. Is that Ryanair being tight fisted or a glitch on my rig?

Catch22 cos i dont get the op centre until I install the new

I guess I can get it back tho there is one in the OC.

These two posts seem to be contradictory. Do you have the Operation Center installed or not?

I was upgrading from sp1c (no OC), to sp1d, the latest version with OC thrown in, its called ver 1.1 in the cdu. Only way I could see to get the OC is to go to sp1d. I looked at the list of liveries there and found a BA 737 but different tail number to my old one. I can live with that...

Thanks for your help

I looked at the list of liveries there and found a BA 737 but different tail number to my old one.

You could download and install the livery in Avsim if that's the one you want. Create a folder called 737800WLLiveries under C:\. Download the file from Avsim to Downloads. Unzip it. If you don't need the ReadMe file delete it.Cut/Paste the .ptp file to the folder you created. Open the OC and use the Livery Manager to import the .ptp file from the folder you created. You will probably need to tell the OC the path to folder that contains the livery by use of a browse button. The Livery Manager does a copy/paste of the .ptp file. So you will have in two places - your Operators Center and folder outside of the Operations Center. That will come in handy in the future if you would need for some reason to install the livery again.

If you have any questions regarding this procedure, post them and I will try to answer them. Good luck.