Sign in to follow this  
anitelite

xplane 11 ATC

So little by little I've figured out many of the eccentricities of xplane and quite like the 737 and the night skies.  But the ATC ?  I though Xplane was a little iffy, but this is just rough.  Is this because its a beta or does Xplane consider this to be of little importance?

Yeah. ATC has been a work in progress. The default ATC in  FSX is way better.Pilot2ATC is a 3rd party option I'd consider or even JARDesign's Xlife Deluxe.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

So little by little I've figured out many of the eccentricities of xplane and quite like the 737 and the night skies.  But the ATC ?  I though Xplane was a little iffy, but this is just rough.  Is this because its a beta or does Xplane consider this to be of little importance?

there is a freeware ATC in alpha which currently allows you to do IFR flights using "text to speech" mutivoice support  http://124thatc.matacchieri.eu/

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I though Xplane was a little iffy, but this is just rough.  Is this because its a beta or does Xplane consider this to be of little importance?

Nope, it is a little rough. I love X-Plane, but the default ATC is pretty buggy and hasn't changed much since the early 10.0 days. I'm also skeptical it will be changed in XP11, or at least it has much lower priority.

There is a module that allows PF3 to work with xplane and apparently it has been tested with xpl11 and found to work well.

Did a few test IFR flights in 11, and while the interface and mechanics are a big step up, ATC is very buggy to the point of being unusable. Very sad.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Default ATC is so bad you want to hurt yourself. Seriously. 

Last time I used it the following happened:

Everything went quite fine up until taxi. Followed the designated taxi route. Even though I followed it perfectly the ATC kept nagging me to take the route I was already using. Disregarding the constant nagging I followed it to hold short of the runway. I then get clearance to take off. Hovever during the initial take off roll it must have thought I was still taxiing so it re-routed me back to hold. I was approaching V1 at this point so I took of. 

The the "you have violated ATC"-pop up, well.. Popped up. 

Worst. Crap. Ever.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Except that RC4 is so out of date and not supported any more.

Still works great for me.. I do however wish it offered VFR flight following. Does PF?

No. Pilot2ATC and 112th ATC are your only viable choices for XP11. And I suggest World Traffic 3.0 also, to replace the default AI aircraft and schedules. XP 11 seriously needs a VOXATC-like clone,  but there are too many programming hurdles to overcome for a developer to create an XP11 add-on that manages both ATC and AI aircraft in a unified manner.

Here's an experimental ATC plugin with voice control:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/45663-main-installation-files-for-autoatc-for-xplane-11/

There's also EasyATC, but it seems to beused very rarely.

http://easyairtrafficcontrol.blogspot.com/

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days