Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

FS9 will not start

Tonight I tried to start my FS9 and the sim will not start. It just sits on the splash screen (no errors or anything). I waited 20 minutes for the sim to start but it never did, just sat on the splash screen the whole time.

Try making a backup copy of your FS9.CFG file.  Then delete the original and fire up the sim.  A new FS9.CFG will be created.  Does this get you anywhere?  If so then just reconfigure things as necessary.

Dijvid

Tonight I tried to start my FS9 and the sim will not start. It just sits on the splash screen (no errors or anything). I waited 20 minutes for the sim to start but it never did, just sat on the splash screen the whole time.

That is very little information. The obvious question is what has happened since the last time you started FS9 and it was working ok? That will be the reason FS9 is not starting now.

Joseph29, take Vector's advice in post #3 - we've all been there and used this method many, many times before!

Try making a backup copy of your FS9.CFG file.  Then delete the original and fire up the sim.  A new FS9.CFG will be created.  Does this get you anywhere?  If so then just reconfigure things as necessary.

Dijvid

Thank you, that worked. My FS9 is working again!

Thank you, that worked. My FS9 is working again!

Glad I was able to help you and that you are flying again!!

Dijvid

Hope you didn't delete the old copy of fs9.cfg because that will have all your settings in it. Rebuild the newly made cfg file from the info in the old one.

Rebuild the newly made cfg file from the info in the old one.

Could be tricky as in the old file there is obviously something that stopped the sim from working.  Without knowing exactly what that is it would be very easy to copy the problem over to the new file.

Dijvid

Could be tricky as in the old file there is obviously something that stopped the sim from working.  Without knowing exactly what that is it would be very easy to copy the problem over to the new file.

Dijvid

Not really as it is standard procedure when there is a bug to add back elements one by one until or if the problem re-occurs. Then it is much easier to find what the cause is.

Not really as it is standard procedure when there is a bug to add back elements one by one until or if the problem re-occurs. Then it is much easier to find what the cause is.

Fair point!

Dijvid