Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

FSX SP2 Language Issue

Hi all, 

I just uninstalled and reinstalled FSX (following PMDG's guide word for word). Everything works fine until I attempt to install FSX SP2, when a prompt appears saying "FSX SP2 requires the English version of FSX". I have reinstalled the sim numerous times over the past day to no avail. Microsoft was aware of this issue when SP2 came out, and provided a fix which does not work for me. 

Is there any known way to get around this issue? If not, is it safe and efficient to run highly complex addons (i.e. PMDG's NGX) on SP1? 

Thanks in advance. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

far as i can remember sp2 is like having the accel pack for fsx you have one or the other so unless some one else chimes in you should be good to go, you could try to install the accel pack to see if it installs

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm actually running FSX Deluxe, therefore I don't have the option of installing Acceleration unfortunately. Thanks!

Thanks,

Kevin L

Maybe your SP2 has become damaged if on disk or corrupt if in a file.

I've re-downloaded SP2 numerous times from Microsoft and the Avsim Library, so I don't think that's it :(

Thanks,

Kevin L

I have followed that, and the issue persists. So far, I've updated the registry both manually and using the Flight1 registry fixer, attempted to install in both C:\FSX and the default location, redownloaded SP2 numerous times and reinstalled FSX to no avail. 

Extremely frustrating issue this one. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

I think he said he was using the Deluxe version without the Acceleration pack (eg. not FSX Gold).

Another thing you could try is to download Microsoft's Fix it programs uninstaller and see if that does anything. So instead of uninstalling it with PMDG's method, try this instead.

Correct, I'm using FSX Deluxe without Acceleration. Jeff, I will try that out, thank you. :)

Thanks,

Kevin L

The issue persists unfortunately. Microsoft Fix It found a problem in the registry and fixed it, however it went back to telling me I needed the English version of FSX. 

Any more ideas please? 

Your help is much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

It has been fixed! For future reference for anyone else who runs into this problem: 

The solution was to run the MSI as an administrator. Given SP2 is only available as an MSI, some modifications to the registry had to be done. 

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/158118-run-administrator-add-msi-file-context-menu.html

This link explains how to run an MSI as an administrator. 

After following these instructions, I right-clicked the MSI, ran as admin and SP2 installed in a breeze. 

Thank you all so much for your help! 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Windows security is a strange beast. If we still had XP, there would be no problem, because it didn't have UAC and such.

Windows security is a strange beast. If we still had XP, there would be no problem, because it didn't have UAC and such.

No wonder I like XP so much! :dance:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

what the······ I use the method to fix the issue,but when I press "Run as Administrator" ,an error occured.

It said:

"This package cannot be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you have access to it, or contact the application vendor to confirm that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

Why?