Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Tracking Disconnects

Every so often the AP will essentially abandon the flight plan and start turning.  Why?  I had the plane descending via the WAYVE ONE STAR into KLAX and had connected the UPDOC waypoint to MERCE.  I checked the format page and removed any duplicate fixes.  It was looking good.  Then, all of the sudden the flight plan disappeared and the plane made a hard bank right.  I had to disconnect the AP and correct the action using DTO in the FMC.

I also no longer get the ARM APP option in the NAV page.  Using latest update, version 1.018e.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Then, all of the sudden the flight plan disappeared and the plane made a hard bank right. 

I've had this occur when the flight plan hits a 'manual' or 'vector' entry.   I try to keep my heading set to the current path so I can use HDG to put the aircraft back onto some track, while I do the DTO stuff.  That way I don't have to disengage the AP

With the 1.018e I do get ARM APP, but not consistently.   Maybe someday I'll figure out what I'm doing incorrectly, or correctly those times I do get it to work.  :smile:

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Ernie's description is accurate, though I don't think that is the problem that you're experiencing.  I think that there isn't a NEXT waypoint in your NAV page.

If it's the Nav page... It's important to remember that the Dash FMS does not fly off the Flightplan page, but instead flies off the NAV page, and if you make changes in the flightplan that include the present or next waypoint, you'll have to remember to manually update you're NAV page.

I hope this is helpful to you.

My very best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I didn't realize that the NAV page needed updating.  That is weird.  I have to admit that the FMS in this bird is a real thorn in my side.  It's so counter-intuitive compared to a Boeing.

I need to watch more videos, like flightsim481's FMC challenge video. 

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Chris,

Believe it or not, once you learn it, you'll love it.  I've been flying the Dash 8 Pro for about 6 years, with thousands of hours and still love it.

Plus, it's the only aircraft in all of flight sim that truly flies like a real aircraft.  Stick with it!

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.