Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

SkyMaxx Pro v4 coming tomorrow

See that's the problem. People release these pictures that basically show no changes but only improvements. I see the same "old" clouds everywhere, simply no variation, besides it doesn't even give me the idea if one of the most frustrating, for me, SMP+RWC problem has been solved, which i doubt. 

Same old clouds look awesome to me ! If you are looking for more variation then maybe these clouds are not for you ! Or maybe you should go rent a plane and go fly in some real clouds !

I added some real clouds to my pics as a comparison ! You are picky !

SMP4? That looks nice.

Yes !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Well, satisfied customer here. And I compare the products from P3D like Rex, AS16, Envtex. The combo of SMP4 and RWC gives some great effects and overall environment.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Well, satisfied customer here. And I compare the products from P3D like Rex, AS16, Envtex. The combo of SMP4 and RWC gives some great effects and overall environment.

Glad you like it!

I also thought these two screenshots from another user were pretty cool. Not sure why I like them, but I do! :)

a320neo_6.thumb.png.0dd499477803c501d5a8

a320neo_5.png.69c8016fc5b3d96acf0daa0d4e

• Upvote 3

Founder of X-Aviation

I tried it to day using a saved flight so relaunching at exactly the same point same weather (real weather using RWC with SMP4). The difference was like day and night for me. I tried each in turn (SMP4, EnviorX 1.0 and then 1.04). For me SMP4 was no different from V3 as far as I could see. I have been a fan of SMP but it hasn't progressed - personally finding the EnviroX much more realistic and with a greater variety of clouds, much better transition, great lighting effects, softening of the turbulence and much less of a frame rate hog - in fact the thicker the overcast layer the more the better the frame rate for me. It's certainly not perfect yet but the EnviroX team seem to be on it with the road map and the quick updates.

One clear advantage SMP has is the ability to dictate the weather.

Not knocking the great work SMP have done and let's face it they were the first ones to jump in big time and try and sort it for XP10 and they have kept at it and offered great upgrade deals - so happy to support them and will continue to do so. REX gave up after XP9.

Some pics I took today on flight from LOWI to LIRJ with EnvroX.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkmGUkjXtWpsklUsJYv0MZv4CCRd

4 of them were from pretty much the same spot on the ground just to see the lighting transition at different times of day.

cheers

Peter

Yet another one I like from a customer! Love seeing all the different weather patterns some people are finding on the web with SkyMaxx Pro v4.. :)

15626181_10157844182945104_5864489100195

• Upvote 1

Founder of X-Aviation

I tried it to day using a saved flight so relaunching at exactly the same point same weather (real weather using RWC with SMP4). The difference was like day and night for me. I tried each in turn (SMP4, EnviorX 1.0 and then 1.04). For me SMP4 was no different from V3 as far as I could see. I have been a fan of SMP but it hasn't progressed - personally finding the EnviroX much more realistic and with a greater variety of clouds, much better transition, great lighting effects, softening of the turbulence and much less of a frame rate hog - in fact the thicker the overcast layer the more the better the frame rate for me. It's certainly not perfect yet but the EnviroX team seem to be on it with the road map and the quick updates.

One clear advantage SMP has is the ability to dictate the weather.

Not knocking the great work SMP have done and let's face it they were the first ones to jump in big time and try and sort it for XP10 and they have kept at it and offered great upgrade deals - so happy to support them and will continue to do so. REX gave up after XP9.

Some pics I took today on flight from LOWI to LIRJ with EnvroX.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkmGUkjXtWpsklUsJYv0MZv4CCRd

4 of them were from pretty much the same spot on the ground just to see the lighting transition at different times of day.

cheers

Peter

Those clouds look nice from the horizon ! But what happens when you get closer to them ? Also you are getting better frame rates because they are 2D.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Looking at both, SMPv4 and XEnviro, all that I can say is - X-Plane needs ATENTION!!!! from LR in order to get near what we have had for ages in FSX and P3D... and not only!

Even the combat flight sims do it more plausibly, using good'old DX9, casting shadows and moving with the aloft winds!

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

thanks

Nice video can anyone tell me how  to get rid of that yellow back drop lighting its just wrong and distracting at 5:15 pay if you can figure it out

Rich Sennett

5856f41a0b1a5_ScreenShot2016-12-18at22.2

This one is quite convincing. I love the way it replicates what can be seen in cloudscapes (passages and corridors leading from one formation to the next). Lovely.

• Upvote 1

I'm not complaining, I don't have it, but seeing seeing through the layer of clouds is not a huge selling point. I imagine when 11 is out of beta they will work together in perfect peace and harmony, we shall see on the morrow.

This is only a problem in XP11. People use beta versions of software and then complain that add-ons aren't working. 

Aaron Tirrell

I was waiting for a video like this which confirms all my concerns. Since they follow their own path and are not prone to change their concept, it leads to a huge nope for me. There is no way i keep supporting them, their product simply does not reflect what i'm looking for anymore. As the first weather addon SMP 3 that i bought for XP, It was acceptable for me, but i was expecting an evolution in version 4 that simply has not happened or at least not at a degree that i was expecting. Before XEnviro they could hide behind the "XP fault" excuses but XEnviro shows that it is possible to workaround most issues but again SMP are so tight to their vision that i don't see them accepting that huge revamps are needed since they see SMP 4 already as a new revamped version where others, like me, see it as just an improvement, more lik SMP 3.5. 

I will not even waste my time commenting SMP 4 anymore, although i will be glad to see the xenviro  vs smp 4 comparison video. I can just wish Cameron and Sundog the best and hope that in the future they will be able to delivery something that will make my jaw drop. 

PS: I have been disappointed by SMP 3 either, only Ventura Sky saved it and made it worth, however it is not acceptable for SMP 4 to rely on others addons to make it worth.

• Upvote 9