Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

SkyMaxx Pro v4 coming tomorrow

From what I have seen so far, version should have been 3.5 and not 4.0.

I do not see anything new, v4 may be right for someone that doesn't have SMP and is willing to support further development by purchasing it.

I bought xEnviro and like it, not perfect but bought it because I want options and for that to happen we need to support it.

I lost count of the number of times I purchased software for FSX and eventually ended up in the recycle bin cause it wasn't worth it or perfect, but... by purchasing them was my way of contributing further development.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

So, aside from all of the riff raff and some of the negative speak in here

What do you mean by "riff raff"?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I wonder what video card is used for this demo?

I can ask if you're genuinely interested (or maybe he has it posted somewhere). My understanding is he feels his system is not so beefy these days, so I wouldn't expect him to respond back with a glorious video card. :)

But then you get up to high altitude like those last shots

Are you flying rockets? :)

Founder of X-Aviation

From what I have seen so far, version should have been 3.5 and not 4.0.

I do not see anything new, v4 may be right for someone that doesn't have SMP and is willing to support further development by purchasing it.

Bought and tried and I agree with the above. I don't know what goes into coding such an addon and as such have no appreciation for the amount of work that goes into it. All I know is I feel that there's just not enough in each iteration to make it worthwhile paying out everytime. Don't get me wrong, I'm a low level flyer and I like SMP but there's just not enough gained by the end user to convince me that the upgrade was worth it. Caveat; I'm using on XP11 only so I may yet have reason to change my opinion.

SMP but there's just not enough gained by the end user to convince me that the upgrade was worth it.

There's more to be implemented new in the v4 run (and is already in development). Unfortunately it didn't make it in for good reason (personal matters with someone involved and needing to take a leave), but I think there's some wow factors ahead for 4, and those updates will of course come free.

I'm using on XP11 only so I may yet have reason to change my opinion.

X-Plane 11 has a way to go yet before SMP is probably going to shine best. Laminar needs to iron out random draw glitches and visibility. I know it's on their list, and after such we'll probably all be some happy people. The good news is v4 is XP 11 ready and has the code to distinguish between being installed in 10 or 11. :)

Thanks for purchasing! Hang in there. While we haven't let everything out of the bag yet for v4, it will ultimately come!

Founder of X-Aviation

Are you flying rockets? :)

Well, one of the default planes in XP11 is the Blackbird...  :smile:

While you're here, or if you return... what happened to that really nice smooth overcast layer that we had in XP10 with SMP3? I haven't been able to replicate it with SMP4 and the XP11 beta. Maybe it's just the way the new weather menu works, and I haven't found the right settings yet.

I'm talking about this (XP10, SMP3):

Grumman_G-21A_Goose_18.png

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

what happened to that really nice smooth overcast layer that we had in XP10 with SMP3? I haven't been able to replicate it with SMP4 and the XP11 beta. Maybe it's just the way the new weather menu works, and I haven't found the right settings yet.

Still there! Broken or Solid stratiform selection should do it.

Founder of X-Aviation

Duplicate post, sorry. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I can ask if you're genuinely interested (or maybe he has it posted somewhere). My understanding is he feels his system is not so beefy these days, so I wouldn't expect him to respond back with a glorious video card. :)

I would not have posted the video if I was not genuinely interested.

BTW, there's a thread on your forums about customers who never received the email with discount code. I'm one of those customers who did not get an e-mail.

I'm also wondering when are you going to release the CRJ update?

All genuine questions.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I would not have posted the video if I was not genuinely interested.

I'll figure it out and ask for you.

BTW, there's a thread on your forums about customers who never received the email with discount code. I'm one of those customers who did not get an e-mail.

I have only seen a couple who haven't got it. Usually it winds up being in their Gmail promotional tab inbox or spam. You may want to look there if you use Gmail. If not, send an e-mail to support@x-aviation.com to get squared away.

I'm also wondering when are you going to release the CRJ update?

I thought you said you were no longer interested in that thing?  :P

I would say the next few days is a fair estimate.

Founder of X-Aviation

I'll figure it out and ask for you.

I have only seen a couple who haven't got it. Usually it winds up being in their Gmail promotional tab inbox or spam. You may want to look there if you use Gmail. If not, send an e-mail to support@x-aviation.com to get squared away.

I thought you said you were no longer interested in that thing?  :P

I would say the next few days is a fair estimate.

I wasn't until I was assured by JRollon that it's going to work in XP 11. I'll send a support ticket because I never received the e-mail. TKS

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

There's more to be implemented new in the v4 run (and is already in development). Unfortunately it didn't make it in for good reason (personal matters with someone involved and needing to take a leave), but I think there's some wow factors ahead for 4, and those updates will of course come free.

X-Plane 11 has a way to go yet before SMP is probably going to shine best. Laminar needs to iron out random draw glitches and visibility. I know it's on their list, and after such we'll probably all be some happy people. The good news is v4 is XP 11 ready and has the code to distinguish between being installed in 10 or 11. :)

Thanks for purchasing! Hang in there. While we haven't let everything out of the bag yet for v4, it will ultimately come!

Cameron,

On reddit you wrote about this, to be more specific you wrote : 

There was one killer feature we had planned, and it was in development for some time prior to any announcement, but unfortunately one of the guys working on that side of the project had some personal matters come forward that delayed it. In the end, it will almost assuredly make it's way into the v4 run for free. The rest of the time went into overhauling cache code, texture draw philosophy, precipitation for not only 3D and clouds, but also light interaction, etc. There was a lot of under the hood stuff.

Now the question is, is it possible to you to expose a little more about this killer feature? Otherwise it will just seem as marketing! I mean, will it change the way we see the whole overcasting? From all screenshots, i see improvements but nothing else (to be fair there are things that cannot be transmitted though pictures). As someone said i see clouds, many clouds, but not "weather" if you get what i mean.  Will it get rid of the sensation of a huge 'flat' field of similar small puffs and actually give a more vertical representation even at higher altitudes, more puffs variation in size and type and better blending? 

Now the question is, is it possible to you to expose a little more about this killer feature? Otherwise it will just seem as marketing! I mean, will it change the way we see the whole overcasting? From all screenshots, i see improvements but nothing else (to be fair there are things that cannot be transmitted though pictures). As someone said i see clouds, many clouds, but not "weather" if you get what i mean.  Will it get rid of the sensation of a huge 'flat' field of similar puffs and actually give a more vertical representation even at higher altitudes? 

I would love nothing more than to get into specifics. At the moment I'm not in a position to do so, and won't be till we have screenshots or video to go along with it and we have a firm schedule in mind.

I certainly don't expect anyone to take those words and run to the cash drawer. Just wish it had made it in time for day one, but we'll have to settle in the meantime. All I can say is it'll be part of the v4 run. :)

Founder of X-Aviation

I can't believe you guys are basing your decisions on whether or not to purchase, based on a "first look" video, with no information on the reviewers PC system specs, his X Plane render settings or his Skymaxx settings. 

• Upvote 1