Sign in to follow this  
stesma54

Autopilot plus GTN 750 problem

Hi everyone, i'm facing this issue: i have the Bert's mod for the GTN 750 but the AP doesn't follow the magenta line when i select NAV. In the GTN i have GPS selected and in the PFD as well. The plane starts flying in circle when i hit NAV.

Suggestions?

kind regards

steve smania

I am also having issues. i didn't even take off, i could get the ALT to change, the V/S selection made the alt go to 99999, the when i select NAV1 on the PFD it says some silly number of miles to distance.

I keep getting athe Red and amber alert lights coming on aswell.

Cheers

Hi everyone, i'm facing this issue: i have the Bert's mod for the GTN 750 but the AP doesn't follow the magenta line when i select NAV. In the GTN i have GPS selected and in the PFD as well. The plane starts flying in circle when i hit NAV.

Suggestions?

kind regards

steve smania

Are you sure you have the PFD set to GPS?

Click the PFD CDI button a few times to cycle through the settings.

TH eproblem seems to be the same as i had with the C208 GTN750 MOD this post below solved it.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/494310-gtn750-mod/

Is there a similar fix for the TBM??

Cheers

If you have the V2 version of the TBM, you need to install the V2 version panel.cfg file which should have come to you as part of the mod package.

Bert

I do have v2 and downloaded it yesterday when i bought it, i have put the new panel in and still have no YD, AP or Alt/ V/s Selection.

I appreciate your help.

Cheers Neil

I do have v2 and downloaded it yesterday when i bought it, i have put the new panel in and still have no YD, AP or Alt/ V/s Selection.

I appreciate your help.

Cheers Neil

In that case, you need to contact the author, Captain Z.

BTW are you using the mouse wheel to turn the AP knobs?

Bert

Hi Mr Pieke, i did what you suggested:cycling through the settings in the PFD but with no success. Everything else in the Auto Pilot is working well (YD,Alt/V/s selection) but by clicking NAV the plane makes a 45°banking right turn.

Pretty weird indeed.

regards 

steve smania

In that case, you need to contact the author, Captain Z.

BTW are you using the mouse wheel to turn the AP knobs?

Hi again, i do use the mouse wheel to twist the bug , however just clicking the AP doesn't work either.

i will ask Captain Z thanks for you help.

Hi Mr Pieke, i did what you suggested:cycling through the settings in the PFD but with no success. Everything else in the Auto Pilot is working well (YD,Alt/V/s selection) but by clicking NAV the plane makes a 45°banking right turn.

Pretty weird indeed.

regards 

steve smania

If you are using the V2 version of the TBM (latest version), removing the xxx from the spb files in the folder may improve autopilot operation.  I'll send you a newer version to test.

Bert

Thank you so much sir!!! I'm using the V1 version of the TBM

kind regards

steve

Steve, if you have the time - lets discuss and see what is going on..

Bert

Hi All,

Gabriellc, Sorted it for me on another post .- see the bit thast fixed my issue below. - Sorry Stesma54 for hijacking your post, i thought the issue maybe related - Thanks Bert for your imput,

"Finally solve the error !!!!

Modify the panel.cfg file a bit, but that was not decisive.

The only thing to do is to remove the "xxx" from file G1000_PFDTBMVC.spb, this was originally done when the GTN 750 was installed for v1. Bert Mod "In the new folder, rename three files by adding xxx to their names: G1000_PFDTBMVC.spb,"."

I will for sure! Tomorrow I'm gonna install the new version you sent to me and will report immediatly.thanks again

Regards

Steve

Thank you sir! now the AP works perfectly as it should. great job!

Merry Xmas to yall and happy New Year! 

kind regards

steve