Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeM

Anybody Flying ORBX Aircraft?

Just searched this forum and could not find any info.

ORBX has three aircraft for sale on their site.  If anyone has any of these, I'd certainly appreciate any user comments.

-George

Bought one, their first (I think it's a Lancair?). One of my worst purchases ever. They should stick to scenery.

ORBX have patched their Lancair and I like it (electronic checklists, a number of situational callouts, instruments quite different from the Realair Legacy).

I don't fly their Vans much, but it comes with a maintenance hangar (optional: you can use it but you don't have to).

Hi George

To be fair there is a really good review for the Orbx - Victa Airtourer in Mutley's Hanger which Joe gave a Silver Award.

I have it and use it from time to time.  Not my favourite - but not a write off!

http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/joe/bs-vat/bs-vat.htm

Cheers

Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Hi George

To be fair there is a really good review for the Orbx - Victa Airtourer in Mutley's Hanger which Joe gave a Silver Award?

To be fair, that site rates everything from Orbx as awesome. ;) But well, for FSX/P3D most Orbx addons are quite good of course. I just don't like that plane.

Im glad I didnt jump on the orbx aircraft fad, they dont look that appealing, ive heard of many saying save your money

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

I have the Lancair, like it, fly it quite often. Mind you, it didn't start like that. There was a battle with JV to get a GPS pop-up. Not realistic apparently. Came right in the end though.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Many thanks to each of you for your response; this is precisely the type of info that is essential in assessing the quality and value of a potential purchase.

-George

I have the Lancair IV and really like it. Not the easiest to fly but rewarding getting to FL250 in a piston.

There is a tuturial flight for the Lancair on their forums too.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

I have the Victa Airtourer and its not bad, but, for me, it was one of those aircraft that I flew a few times when I first installed it a year or two ago but it hasn't seen the light of day since. To be fair, this might be down to the aircraft just not being very appealing to me, rather than anything intrinsically wrong with the product itself.

Bill 

I have the Lancair and the Vans. They are not perfect, but I certainly enjoy them. They are better than a lot of other aircraft available.

I got both of them during an ORBX sale, and I found it to be money well spent. The Victa just didn't seem to be something I would want, so I didn't get it.

I think their quality merits the price, but if you are unsure, wait and grab them during a sale, like I did.

Captain Z

2ic1x7d.jpg