Sign in to follow this  
av8orfliboy

Captain Sim 777 flight plan format

All,

I just downloaded CS777 (I have 1.71 installed).  I use the 757 successfully inside P3D.  I use PFPX (v1.28) and export my files to the CS folder inside P3D.  When I try to load the flight plan, the sim freezes and CTD.  Any way to inject a flightplan that works and doesn't cause a CTD?  I have seen the error/CTD posted elsewhere, but no where have I seen a solution.

Thanks in advance!

Pat

Hi,

I have looked on PFPX forum, and nobody knows the FPL format used in the last version of the CS777. The only way is to import P3D FPL, and it wotks this way.

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

So I got this to work by doing the following -- and I recognize that not everyone uses PFPX and/or aivlasoft EFB, but since I paid for them I wanted to be able to use them...

1.  Create a flight plan with PFPX and export to aivlasoft.  If you don't use aivlasoft, you could export straight to FSX/P3D from whatever flightplanning software you use and just load the flightplan in the 777 from there.  I like to go through Aivlasoft.

2.  Open the flightplan in aivlasoft, and save in the P3D format (option in the save window).  I did have to change the default save location in aivlasoft EFB for P3D files to "C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files".  I do not load procedures so that I can flex to whatever ATC assigns.  I haven't tried to load with procedures.

3.  When I open up the CDU on the 777, I have to select the "FLTSIM FPLS" option on the "REQUEST - SEND" page when loading my route.  This brings up the P3D flight plans, which load without issue.

Hope this helps someone!

Pat