Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

FSLabs A320-X for P3D on final

I've had such a good time with the Aerosoft A3xx.  Anybody care to compare?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

At last.

Let's just say this one has got everything right whilst Aerosoft got a lot wrong.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

AS didn't get a lot wrong. They've given us six years of Airbus flying with continued improvement and expansions. And cheap. FSL is more in-depth but not everything is right. And expensive. They both serve their purpose and I won't knock either of them.

• Upvote 9

Rob Jones.

Some of you may saw my post saying I won't buy another addon for P3D until we clarify 32 vs 64 bit. 

I was joking, you know...

AS didn't get a lot wrong. They've given us six years of Airbus flying with continued improvement and expansions. And cheap. FSL is more in-depth but not everything is right. And expensive. They both serve their purpose and I won't knock either of them.

I'm not knocking it down. Aerosoft does have a lot wrong, it's the truth.

- FBW is virtually unexistant.

- Engine performance is incorrect. Either overpowered or underpowered. It's not too hard to lose a flight because the aircraft won't climb and eventually crashes after takeoff when near MTOW. Doing the exact same test in FSL, it behaves like the actual plane.

- RA keeps calling altitudes without the interval. You can hear in some approaches "1000" like 5 times in under 10 seconds. They have been notified of this a lot of times and completely ignored it.

These are just some examples that some friends who fly the actual plane noticed, i don't remember everything.

Obviously they're for different markets, cheaper, but that doesn't make it right. Again, i'm not trying to knock it down, just clearing that up.

• Upvote 3

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

If you try the FSLabs bus, you immediately know what's different to the AS bus. The immersion is second to none in the FSLabs bus. Even better than in the PMDG birds. Doesn't get closer to real flying on a desktop sim. This thing is absolutely amazing.

• Upvote 5

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I am not a real pilot, but FBW seems to work fine in the Aerosoft plane as long as the plane is not in an unusual situation. I never ran into the MTOW problem that you mentioned, and my usual payload settings are not too far below MTOW. I also have never had issues with RA. The only negative thing I can say about this plane is that sometimes the checklist stops working, but that's really a minor issue.

The Aerosoft model is designed for normal operations, and as far as I can tell it works quite well there. It is a personal choice whether you want to spend more money for a model that also behaves accurately in exceptional situations. I can see that a real pilot would want this, but I personally am very happy with the Aerosoft model and won't buy the FSL version.

Peter

• Upvote 1

If you try the FSLabs bus, you immediately know what's different to the AS bus. The immersion is second to none in the FSLabs bus. Even better than in the PMDG birds. Doesn't get closer to real flying on a desktop sim. This thing is absolutely amazing.

Totally agree!! Nothing against AS version at all. But so can't wait for this!!! Like you said, immersion is second to none!!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I've had a stupid amount of fun in the Aerosoft.  Yeah, I was disappointed in some of the stuff that was missing when I first got it but I don't even notice it now.  I think the price was great for what you get...a really decent aircraft with a pretty nice nav system plus recorded ATC for the right phase of flight.  FS2Crew works...GSX works.  It's probably going to sound dumb but I'll miss the recorded ATC which keeps me company when VATSIM isn't on.  It may not be perfect but Aerosoft did us right with their A3xx airplanes.  They really did. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Guest Mik75

The best and most complete Airbus simulation finally comes to P3D! Can't wait for it!

Have to agree here. FlightSim Labs, have really pulled off something special with that Airbus. The immersion is really amazing! 

The soundpack alone is worth the money IMO. The aircraft is living and breathing and you can almost feel it. Try putting yourself in the captains seat, and power the beast up from cold-and-dark - you'll know what I mean.

• Upvote 4

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I've had such a good time with the Aerosoft A3xx.  Anybody care to compare?

They are two different products. If you don't care about realism and want an airbus to fly around in that is reasonably priced then Aerosoft is fine. If you care about realism and you want a much more in depth simulation then FSLabs for more money. The FSLabs airbus is much much better when you compare the two (setting aside price), but if you are satisfied with the aerosoft and don't want to go deeper and deeper into the simulation then maybe it would not be worth the money to you. For what it is there is nothing wrong with the aerosoft product.