Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

FSLabs A320-X for P3D on final

Do I need to specify that i will Upgrade to p3d Version when i buy the Bus for fsx?

No. Your purchase receipt will suffice

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

So the P3D continues to be in limbo:

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/10319-update-january-2017/

What a PITA. So I guess we have to wait some more months. If LM ever fixes those problems. I really regtet that I purchased the FSX version. Spend 120 dollars for an add-on I'm not using. Great...

• Upvote 3

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I have to say it seem like a bit of an odd approach. If all addon developers waited until there was a p3d release without some "problems", we'd all be flying around in default aircraft. Are the issues with p3d any worse than the issues (particularly around vas) that FSX presents?

I came close to buying the FSX version as a bit of a preview until the p3d version came out, glad I didn't'. Hopefully Fslabs isn't waiting for p3dv4 to be released.

• Upvote 4

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'd say it's made a missed approach

David Porrett

Another developer taken us for a ride. I find the reason very lame indeed. Wish I had never given them my money.

Excuse me why I remove the FSL A320 banner from my signature.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The explanation sounds a bit like : "we made a real VAS hog and due to that it's P3d fault it won't work".

Reminds me of Concorde. Anyway if they released it for FSX dx9 then I don't see a reason why vas management would be showstopper here. I am on HF2 of 3.4 and apart from my 50 mb of free vas chasing campaign I can't say that this hotfix has some extensive vas issues. Spawned PMDG triple 7 with 35% Mt 6 jet traffic on Flighteam KIAD and sitting there for 1 hour never got over 3.2 gig.

There must be something really wrong with the bus. That just convinces me to stick to PMDG and Aerosoft jets.

• Upvote 1

The explanation sounds a bit like : "we made a real VAS hog and due to that it's P3d fault it won't work".

Reminds me of Concorde. Anyway if they released it for FSX dx9 then I don't see a reason why vas management would be showstopper here. I am on HF2 of 3.4 and apart from my 50 mb of free vas chasing campaign I can't say that this hotfix has some extensive vas issues. Spawned PMDG triple 7 with 35% Mt 6 jet traffic on Flighteam KIAD and sitting there for 1 hour never got over 3.2 gig.

There must be something really wrong with the bus. That just convinces me to stick to PMDG and Aerosoft jets.

+1

FSL may be contemplating the issues may never get resolved in v3 hence holding the release, else they could have with 3.2/3.3 as unsupported workarounds to those having issues for the time being. They do not want to end up having an addon that becomes mostly unusable due to OOMs support wise since LM knows only the latest version. One of FSL in the above link stated the issues in 3.4 are worse than of FSX.

So the P3D continues to be in limbo:

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/10319-update-january-2017/

What a PITA. So I guess we have to wait some more months. If LM ever fixes those problems. I really regtet that I purchased the FSX version. Spend 120 dollars for an add-on I'm not using. Great...

Yep, I feel like I could have put that $120 to better use. I tried it in FSX but the need to tone down graphics on an 11 year old sim just to get it to run got very boring. Was avidly awaiting the P3D version but am not even going to upgrade until I see some user reviews. 

• Upvote 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

I would most agree with this comment from Mephic (Tomasz)

I have respect for this developer but it certainly also reminds me of the concorde debacle with P3D when they quickly changed their 1080p status and no higher resolution because of the VAS problems

Quite simply when Lefteris says: 

"We feel that there are still some problems with the current version of P3D that is available and that until the good people at LM have had a chance to resolve those, we are hesitant to release a product only to start receiving complaints for situations which are not quite caused by our software"

The truth is:

"We feel that there are some significant VAS problems with the current version of our A320 in P3D and until I've had a chance to resolve those, we are hesitant to release a product only to start receiving complaints for situations which are quite literally caused by our software"

They either need to cut their cloth better for a 32bit app as it stands or code it better.

Just like dare i say it, PMDG.

-rcladin

• Upvote 1

Another developer taken us for a ride. I find the reason very lame indeed. Wish I had never given them my money.

Excuse me why I remove the FSL A320 banner from my signature.

What is wrong with you?!

Taken you for a ride? FSL has always been upfront about their roadmap. FSX first and P3D to follow. FSX is a platform set in stone. No improvements, no ongoing development. It's a known quantity. Easier to develop for it and a lot (the majority?) of simmers are still using it (a lot are also still using FS9).

P3D is a moving target as it's undergoing continuous development by LM. Witness the latest release which has folks tearing their hair out re OOMs. FSLabs seems to be biding their time and will release their P3D version only when they are more or less sure that P3D is stable enough since it is known by now that the A320X is a "heavy" add-on.

They either need to cut their cloth better for a 32bit app as it stands or code it better.

Just like dare i say it, PMDG.

How long did it take PMDG to give us the updates and a stable T7? The FSL bus has just been released a few months ago and they are aware of the issues and have said they are working on them. Patience is always a virtue.

Cut the guys some slack, people. The "I want it ALL and I want it NOW" attitude is growing increasingly tiresome. And that reminds me why I rarely post here any more. Nuff said.

Cheers.

P.S. Latest post from Andrew Wilson of FSLabs:

"We have every intention to release the A320 for P3D.

We are not going to wait months for LM to produce another hotfix.

We are working around the clock on this - if LM can help, that's great. If not - we'll be taking additional steps with the A320-X to mitigate (as much as we can) the memory problems introduced in P3D v3.4"

Good enough? FFS.

• Upvote 5

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Ugh prolonging the agony of wait. Its stated there are no major bugs, so what is the issue? VAS will always be an issue until 64bit comes, so other than that, they must be after perfection which will never ever come. I understand putting out a high quality product which has as few bugs as possible, but they will never be squashed until its mass released. Thats when the real test comes from when you have different setups and configurations. Its easy to blame p3d which it probably is in part, but alot of aircraft work fine in p3d, so find the balance.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Interesting to read that also FSLabs recognises the VAS problems in 3.4. It appears they are holding back the airbus until LM brings out a more VAS-friendly version 3.5. It was possible in previous versions of P3Dv3. Do know what broke in 3.4 in this regard.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

What is wrong with you?!

Nothing!!! And thanks for asking. P3D is stable enough ? We are at version 3.4 and still not stable ?. It will never be stable. LM should have stopped updating at 3.3 then. As every time they update, it becomes un stable

And what has dxgi.dl errors got to do with not releasing the A320 ? So simmers who have CTD's using shader enhancements like reshade,and  stops the release of the bus ? As posted by Letheris.

It seems they have VAS issues with the A320. Nothing wrong with my P3D.

I have P3D, but the updates and issues with it is one of the reasons why I was happy to buy the FSX version of the FSL A320 to whizz around with it installed in the Steam FSX skies. No issues at all in that sim. Hopefully LM will get P3D all sorted eventually, but until they do, I'm sticking to FSX-SE.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here