Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

What do you guys use for ATC chatter?

I'm aware of the product from Cielosim where you can plug in your own ATC files.  Is that what folks use?  Something else?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I use Pilot2ATC for my ATC needs and it has the feature to add your chatter files.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

I agree with Joel, use VATSIM, IVAO or Pilot2ATC.

I just don't understand why one would use the product mentioned, and listen to ATC from different airports/sectors yet not be able to interact with them, or the point in doing so.  Of course that doesn't mean that someone might not want to hear that, though when I was flying in an area heavy with commercial traffic I couldn't wait to get out of an approach area so I wouldn't have to listen to all the commercial chatter - it can really wear one out and I don't' know a single pilot who feels differently.

But if one really wants to hear real world chatter from areas other than they are flying, they could always bring up LiveATC and pipe it to there speakers or headset easily enough.

My very best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

LIVE ATC from the Internet on a client PC the sound of which is connected to the server PC's sound system. It's great because I can control ATC's volume separately from the server's volume. It's also nice to hear the live broadcast make reference to the same active runway as the one selected by PILOT2ATC.

Season's Greetings,

JJ

I agree with Joel, use VATSIM, IVAO or Pilot2ATC.

I just don't understand why one would use the product mentioned, and listen to ATC from different airports/sectors yet not be able to interact with them, or the point in doing so. Of course that doesn't mean that someone might not want to hear that, though when I was flying in an area heavy with commercial traffic I couldn't wait to get out of an approach area so I wouldn't have to listen to all the commercial chatter - it can really wear one out and I don't' know a single pilot who feels differently.

But if one really wants to hear real world chatter from areas other than they are flying, they could always bring up LiveATC and pipe it to there speakers or headset easily enough.

I've been flying VATSIM more but sometimes ATC just isn't on much and, if it weren't for the fact I was flying the Aerosoft A320 with it's built in chatter, it would have been very silent.  Pilot2ATC was hanging on my PC every flight...nice...has potential...but not to the point I'd pay for it yet.  The chatter is just mental company.  The Cielosim idea isn't a bad one for that situation...just not sure if anyone has tried it or has another thing they use.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

LiveATC or Airbus built in ATC chatter (when I "drive" the bus ;) )

PF3 has ATC chatter with actual AI aircraft flying  nearby. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

PF3 has ATC chatter with actual AI aircraft flying  nearby. 

This is the most realistic. As a pilot you have to maintain a "listening watch". Not only to listen out for your own call sign but to make a mental picture in your mind of what other a/c are doing in your area. If you have your AI set high at 70% or more then PF3 chatter is almost continuous and you really have to be alert. Now that's real!!

This is the most realistic. As a pilot you have to maintain a "listening watch". Not only to listen out for your own call sign but to make a mental picture in your mind of what other a/c are doing in your area. If you have your AI set high at 70% or more then PF3 chatter is almost continuous and you really have to be alert. Now that's real!!

PF3 is the only ATC i have used in flight simming, and I have used them all at one time, that makes me feel like I am flying in the real world. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

PF3 is the only ATC i have used in flight simming, and I have used them all at one time, that makes me feel like I am flying in the real world.

Is it possible to use PF3 for ATC chatter but not use them for ATC?  I'm just not very interested in trying machine-based ATC right now.  When I leave a VATSIM controlled area heading to another, I'd just like some chatter and to follow my flight plan.

Gregg Seipp

The chatter is just mental company. The Cielosim idea isn't a bad one for that situation...just not sure if anyone has tried it or has another thing they use.

I totally agree Gregg.  If I was on VATSIM I would be interested in having my aircraft communicate with AI, as it is a bit more realistic. I do not use VATSIM and just doing a private flight session, so it's nice to have some ATC in the background for some added immersion in the flight.  I have little or no interest in realism when it comes to ATC.  In addition to some background ATC (I use ProATC-X and Ralph Zimmerman's stuff), I enable the default ATC too as it communicates with aircraft around me.  You can do this without communicating with the default ATC, by opening up the default ATC and selecting the appropriate com channel such as SoCal or LAX Center or LAX approach, etc.  When I do this, ATC will usually ask the AI if they see me or not (but won't ask me if I see the AI).  I can also use the default ATC to land too if I desire by contacting Approach (and only Approach during the flight).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Is it possible to use PF3 for ATC chatter but not use them for ATC?  I'm just not very interested in trying machine-based ATC right now.  When I leave a VATSIM controlled area heading to another, I'd just like some chatter and to follow my flight plan.

PF3 Chatter is generated on the spot so to speak. It's not pre-recorded.

Is it also better than proatc for IFR? Does it work in full screen or you need to run it on separate window (game beaker for me as I use one screen in full and I think PATC can be used like that? I still need to decide which way to go :-)

Is it also better than proatc for IFR? Does it work in full screen or you need to run it on separate window (game beaker for me as I use one screen in full and I think PATC can be used like that? I still need to decide which way to go :-)

PF3 works perfectly in fullscreen. It is controlled by hotkeys. No separate window, not even a popup menu.

I agree that this is one of the great features of PF3.

Unfortunately this AI chatter is lost when using AI Controller. Are there any news on a possible co-operation of these great applications?

Unfortunately this AI chatter is lost when using AI Controller. Are there any news on a possible co-operation of these great applications?

PF3's developer has been in touch with the developer of AI Controller. So wait and see.