FlyIce

ortho4xp: no autogen and roads

16 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Yes...in that way, you are building up your own unique 'ortho-seeded' flying environment.  If you find you are not flying over a particular tile, in over perhaps two months,...that might be indicative, that your interest has waned in that tile...therefore delete, and create another on that resource 'footprint'.

For instance, I created four tiles around County Cork, Ireland, yesterday morning, to compliment my having installed EICK from the .org, ....and having spent around four hours enjoying the flight experience last night, am about to delete them, as I know I don't normally fly within Great Britain. Had fun, now time to  use that hard-drive resource for some interest in the country of; Hungary. :)   

I can generate about 3 tiles per hour ( around 20 minutes each)  at zl17/19/2, so find this 'fish n' release' method a good ortho ploy, for stuff that has my transient-held interest.  Yep...fly, and release....LOL!. :)

I just started a Netherlands capture of 6 tiles for later on today....have never flown there, even without Ortho....looking forward to it!:

Netherlands.jpg

Honestly, if you have not revisited a flight plan, or area for 60 days....well....it's just hoggin' your GB's.... LOL.

Cheers,

A380_28.png

Mitch

Hello Mitch,

...seems like a hell of a project probably time and space consuming ..

I'm working on getting California but got problems   

..running step 3 and It runs in a loop telling me something about :

Presumably a missed cash or non existent data, will try again ..... bla..bla...bla

the next line 

Check uncheck against white texture, now if you want to bypass this .....

Have no idea what it means, but it will run forever ... so I guess something is not Kosher here 

BTW

I have a screenshot but AVSIM doesn't let insert link from dropbox  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, N1125Y said:

Hello Mitch,

...seems like a hell of a project probably time and space consuming ..

I'm working on getting California but got problems   

..running step 3 and It runs in a loop telling me something about :

Presumably a missed cash or non existent data, will try again ..... bla..bla...bla

the next line 

Check uncheck against white texture, now if you want to bypass this .....

Have no idea what it means, but it will run forever ... so I guess something is not Kosher here 

BTW

I have a screenshot but AVSIM doesn't let insert link from dropbox  

If you are trying to generate with, let's say BI...and you are getting these messages...stop the session.  Drop out of the program and reload. Then change the source to ARC and try that.  See if you complete your California sets....

13 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

If you are trying to generate with, let's say BI...and you are getting these messages...stop the session.  Drop out of the program and reload. Then change the source to ARC and try that.  See if you complete your California sets....

..goes no where, no matter which service I use it goes through Step 1, 2,2.5, & on Step 3 it doesn't make any progress at all just giving me the same Messages  ..really annoying and since Ihave no idea what to do it's frustrating as well  (-:

4 hours ago, N1125Y said:

..goes no where, no matter which service I use it goes through Step 1, 2,2.5, & on Step 3 it doesn't make any progress at all just giving me the same Messages  ..really annoying and since Ihave no idea what to do it's frustrating as well  (-:

BI is responding and I mange to create a Tile

and this is what I get when trying to use ARC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44lwarclddkuefv/ortho4xp.JPG?dl=0

This is along with some error message concerning the unsuccessful connection to the Server

Sorry to dig up an old topic...but I am having the same issue...

I have downloaded the tiles with Ortho4XP

I had "Build Overlays" selected when building the tiles and linked to the /X-Plane 11/Global Scenery/X-Plane 11 Global Scenery

JXEAUr2.jpg

I have all the tiles added to my custom scenery directory

Y0aP8GV.jpg

I have my scenery document configured...

iHJLQIw.jpg

But I still have no auto-gen? What did I do wrong???

On 9/29/2018 at 4:36 PM, Paul Reitman said:

Sorry to dig up an old topic...but I am having the same issue...

I have downloaded the tiles with Ortho4XP

I had "Build Overlays" selected when building the tiles and linked to the /X-Plane 11/Global Scenery/X-Plane 11 Global Scenery

But I still have no auto-gen? What did I do wrong???

What happens when you run the "Build Overlays" step?

Including X-Plane's log.txt might be helpful, too.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:17 AM, d41k4n said:

What happens when you run the "Build Overlays" step?

Including X-Plane's log.txt might be helpful, too.

I got it working - just a newbie error, didn't have a check box checked....onto redoing the tiles, but running them through v1.30 - pretty awesome stuff!