FlyIce

ortho4xp: no autogen and roads

29 posts in this topic

I was unaware that the OSM data was stored separatly from the ortho photoreal tiles. It was my understanding that OSM data was provided inside the tile folder. Thanks for the quick responses.

 

I made a symbolic link, fired up X-Plane and now I need a new videocard... lol

 

attachicon.gifB733_1.jpg

 

yeah, that's why I ordered Titan X pascal...  XP11 with high resolution scenery uses so much VRAM, eats my GTX980 for lunch everytime if I set things to high/max... 

I was also confused as to why I didn't get any roads, cars, autogen on top of my photoscenery created with Ortho4XP. Even though I did do the last step which is the overlay. Where is that file or folder located? Is it outside of the tiles folder? So if I do the last step which is build the overlay, it will use the default road, autogen from XP11 right? Usually how big is the overlay folder thats created by Ortho4XP? Currently I am using the one from simheaven w2xpane net file which is about 1.5GB, but I think that covers all of America. I'm assuming the one created by Ortho4XP would be much smaller since you're working on 1 tile.

 

Flyce, can you please post pics of ZL19 photo scenery, whats the highest you can go regarding ZL?

 

Just as Vital showed, you need to find the yOrtho4XP_Overlays folder and copy it (or it's shortcut) to Custom Scenery. That's it. 

 

Sorry I still haven't figured out how to upload images to Avsim post. Anyway, ZL19 is the highest you can go and the results are just about incredible in XP11. Basically it's payware quality with super high resolution texture plus all the roads and autogens. In FSX/P3D one probably has to pay $10 per tile like this!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Waking this old thread up since I just started using Ortho4XP myself and have a related question.

I just realized I forgot to check the custom overlay dir checkbox in Ortho4XP and have been building lots of tiles in batch mode. I did check the option in the batch screen to build overlays (or at least so I think...) but without having pointed out ...\X-Plane 11\Global Scenery\X-Plane 11 Global Scenery on the main screen under the Custom overlay dir option I'm not sure what happens?

Is it somehow possible to add the missing overlays in batch mode or do I need to manually select each and every one of the tiles I already built and then click the Build overlay button on the main Ortho4XP screen?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Waking this old thread up since I just started using Ortho4XP myself and have a related question.

I just realized I forgot to check the custom overlay dir checkbox in Ortho4XP and have been building lots of tiles in batch mode. I did check the option in the batch screen to build overlays (or at least so I think...) but without having pointed out ...\X-Plane 11\Global Scenery\X-Plane 11 Global Scenery on the main screen under the Custom overlay dir option I'm not sure what happens?

Is it somehow possible to add the missing overlays in batch mode or do I need to manually select each and every one of the tiles I already built and then click the Build overlay button on the main Ortho4XP screen?

 

I am not an experienced ortho4xp user at all, others may come up with a better solution. What i did when this happen to me, was to reselect all the tiles on the map, set all checkbox again on the map and on the main screen and did the whole process again by clicking "batch process"

 

Just the same as if you were starting from scratch. It will not download again, it will just create the overlays missing. Takes a minute or two per tile, quite fast.

 

Just make sure you did not remove the tiles from the tiles directory, or place them back, for the app to know they are already there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Manuel but I actually ended up doing it manually while waiting for an answer and it was a rather quick process since it only took about 5-10 seconds per tile and I was able to quickly swap between the main window and the tile selection window using ALT+TAB.

Thanks anyway :smile:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2016 at 2:00 PM, Glenn_C said:

You don't even need bother with creating symbolic links if you are not comfortable doing that. Just drag a shortcut of the scenery folder to your X-Plane custom scenery folder.

... do you need to create a shortcut for every Tile Folder or only for the  "Tile" Folder that is in the Ortho4XP route directory  ????

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, N1125Y said:

... do you need to create a shortcut for every Tile Folder or only for the  "Tile" Folder that is in the Ortho4XP route directory  ????

You need to create a shortcut link for every tile that has been created WITHIN your Ortho4XP TILE FOLDER...and then transfer them all into your Custom Scenery Folder.

Anytime I create a new batch of tiles...doing Ireland right now, in fact...as I type...my M.O. is to create short cuts of all the tiles, in my Tile Folder, then  COPY them into my XP11 Custom Scenery Folder, and then, after a successful copy of them all, I carefully highlight all my short cuts in my Tile Folder, and then delete them. After that, I run XP11 once....come to the flight screen, end the session, bring up my Scenery.cfg file and take the new Ortho4XP tiles at the top, down below my Ortho4XP_Overlay shortcut.  Press SAVE, and then take a flight over my newly generated whatever....

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

You need to create a shortcut link for every tile that has been created WITHIN your Ortho4XP TILE FOLDER...and then transfer them all into your Custom Scenery Folder.

Anytime I create a new batch of tiles...doing Ireland right now, in fact...as I type...my M.O. is to create short cuts of all the tiles, in my Tile Folder, then  COPY them into my XP11 Custom Scenery Folder, and then, after a successful copy of them all, I carefully highlight all my short cuts in my Tile Folder, and then delete them. After that, I run XP11 once....come to the flight screen, end the session, bring up my Scenery.cfg file and take the new Ortho4XP tiles at the top, down below my Ortho4XP_Overlay shortcut.  Press SAVE, and then take a flight over my newly generated whatever....

 

..make sense .....perfect. tnx you so much.

Now, since you already helped me, I 'll take the opportunity to ask another question:

On the Map with the Collection of the Tiles, do you need to delete the tiles you done with before starting with new ones ??

 

Reg.

 

Yair

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, N1125Y said:

..make sense .....perfect. tnx you so much.

Now, since you already helped me, I 'll take the opportunity to ask another question:

On the Map with the Collection of the Tiles, do you need to delete the tiles you done with before starting with new ones ??

 

Reg.

 

Yair

You never delete the tiles on the World Map...because they are indicative of exactly WHAT you have created within your TILES FOLDER.   You only delete the SHORTCUTS you make, after you transfer those shortcuts (copy them over...) to your XP11 Custom Scenery Folder.  You only keep adding to your 'collection' of what will BE your tiles as they show up on the World Map page.  

Hope this helps.   The only deletion ever, is if you want to delete a tile you have generated. Then you do so.  If not any of them...you delete nothing on the Map Page, for that will delete that tile folder within the Tile Folder itself.

Post Edit: If you have limited storage space, and are not into creating a 'collection' of favorite fly-over's, but merely wish TO fly over any place of new interest, then yes...you would DELETE your already explored tiles, on your MAP PAGE, and then create however many new tiles that are limited only by your storage medium.  When those are explored....delete, and move on...by creating more, ad nasuem. :)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

You never delete the tiles on the World Map...because they are indicative of exactly WHAT you have created within your TILES FOLDER.   You only delete the SHORTCUTS you make, after you transfer those shortcuts (copy them over...) to your XP11 Custom Scenery Folder.  You only keep adding to your 'collection' of what will BE your tiles as they show up on the World Map page.  

Hope this helps.   The only deletion ever, is if you want to delete a tile you have generated. Then you do so.  If not any of them...you delete nothing on the Map Page, for that will delete that tile folder within the Tile Folder itself.

Post Edit: If you have limited storage space, and are not into creating a 'collection' of favorite fly-over's, but merely wish TO fly over any place of new interest, then yes...you would DELETE your already explored tiles, on your MAP PAGE, and then create however many new tiles that are limited only by your storage medium.  When those are explored....delete, and move on...by creating more, ad nasuem. :)

 

..so I need to leave the tiles on the Tiles collection map & just add new Tiles & Ortho Generator will do those that I added ...

Good me cappish :-)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, N1125Y said:

..so I need to leave the tiles on the Tiles collection map & just add new Tiles & Ortho Generator will do those that I added ...

Good me cappish :-)

 

Yes...in that way, you are building up your own unique 'ortho-seeded' flying environment.  If you find you are not flying over a particular tile, in over perhaps two months,...that might be indicative, that your interest has waned in that tile...therefore delete, and create another on that resource 'footprint'.

For instance, I created four tiles around County Cork, Ireland, yesterday morning, to compliment my having installed EICK from the .org, ....and having spent around four hours enjoying the flight experience last night, am about to delete them, as I know I don't normally fly within Great Britain. Had fun, now time to  use that hard-drive resource for some interest in the country of; Hungary. :)   

I can generate about 3 tiles per hour ( around 20 minutes each)  at zl17/19/2, so find this 'fish n' release' method a good ortho ploy, for stuff that has my transient-held interest.  Yep...fly, and release....LOL!. :)

I just started a Netherlands capture of 6 tiles for later on today....have never flown there, even without Ortho....looking forward to it!:

Netherlands.jpg

Honestly, if you have not revisited a flight plan, or area for 60 days....well....it's just hoggin' your GB's.... LOL.

Cheers,

A380_28.png

Mitch

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Yes...in that way, you are building up your own unique 'ortho-seeded' flying environment.  If you find you are not flying over a particular tile, in over perhaps two months,...that might be indicative, that your interest has waned in that tile...therefore delete, and create another on that resource 'footprint'.

For instance, I created four tiles around County Cork, Ireland, yesterday morning, to compliment my having installed EICK from the .org, ....and having spent around four hours enjoying the flight experience last night, am about to delete them, as I know I don't normally fly within Great Britain. Had fun, now time to  use that hard-drive resource for some interest in the country of; Hungary. :)   

I can generate about 3 tiles per hour ( around 20 minutes each)  at zl17/19/2, so find this 'fish n' release' method a good ortho ploy, for stuff that has my transient-held interest.  Yep...fly, and release....LOL!. :)

I just started a Netherlands capture of 6 tiles for later on today....have never flown there, even without Ortho....looking forward to it!:

Netherlands.jpg

Honestly, if you have not revisited a flight plan, or area for 60 days....well....it's just hoggin' your GB's.... LOL.

Cheers,

A380_28.png

Mitch

Hello Mitch,

...seems like a hell of a project probably time and space consuming ..

I'm working on getting California but got problems   

 

..running step 3 and It runs in a loop telling me something about :

Presumably a missed cash or non existent data, will try again ..... bla..bla...bla

the next line 

Check uncheck against white texture, now if you want to bypass this .....

 

Have no idea what it means, but it will run forever ... so I guess something is not Kosher here 

BTW

I have a screenshot but AVSIM doesn't let insert link from dropbox  

 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N1125Y said:

Hello Mitch,

...seems like a hell of a project probably time and space consuming ..

I'm working on getting California but got problems   

 

..running step 3 and It runs in a loop telling me something about :

Presumably a missed cash or non existent data, will try again ..... bla..bla...bla

the next line 

Check uncheck against white texture, now if you want to bypass this .....

 

Have no idea what it means, but it will run forever ... so I guess something is not Kosher here 

BTW

I have a screenshot but AVSIM doesn't let insert link from dropbox  

 

 

 

 

If you are trying to generate with, let's say BI...and you are getting these messages...stop the session.  Drop out of the program and reload. Then change the source to ARC and try that.  See if you complete your California sets....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

If you are trying to generate with, let's say BI...and you are getting these messages...stop the session.  Drop out of the program and reload. Then change the source to ARC and try that.  See if you complete your California sets....

..goes no where, no matter which service I use it goes through Step 1, 2,2.5, & on Step 3 it doesn't make any progress at all just giving me the same Messages  ..really annoying and since Ihave no idea what to do it's frustrating as well  (-:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, N1125Y said:

..goes no where, no matter which service I use it goes through Step 1, 2,2.5, & on Step 3 it doesn't make any progress at all just giving me the same Messages  ..really annoying and since Ihave no idea what to do it's frustrating as well  (-:

BI is responding and I mange to create a Tile

and this is what I get when trying to use ARC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44lwarclddkuefv/ortho4xp.JPG?dl=0

This is along with some error message concerning the unsuccessful connection to the Server

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites