Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

What is better than FSRecorder of Fraps

I intend to make videos for some of my PMDG-777 flights.

FSRecorder  works,however it does not record the ND and PFD,which is something I require.

I was referred to a program called FRaps but it seems not compatible with Windows 10

Are there any other programs to use ?

Thank you

HubertWerni

Herbert Werni

FSRecorder is a data recorder. FRAPS is a video recorder and, I believe, so is DXTORY. What do you want to record? Data or video? Recorded data will replay a flight during which you can use different camera views while recording with a video recorder. This approach makes it much easier to prepare a video than to record 'live' while flying an aircraft. I use XP11 which has a superb data recorder to replay a flight. While replaying, I use Bandicam to record the video. Works very well.

JJ

Nothing is better then

http://exkode.com/dxtory-specs-en.html

I took your advise and downloaded the program.

However I have no idea how to go about and would appreciate if you could provide

some hints.

My goal : I use FlightSimulator to fly from airport a to airport b and want to record the flight.

Later I intend to watch the recorded flight.

I assume to fly the aircraft first and then use dxtroy.But how ???

Like I said I would appreciate some hints.

Thanks

HubertWerni

Herbert Werni

Do you have an Nvidia? if yes you can check nvidia experience, it works fine for me.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

As JJ states, you are all mixing up what a data recorder ike FSRecorder is  to what a game/screen capture program like FRAPS, Bandicam, NVidia ShadowPlay is. A game capture just records your game session and converts it into a video. A Data capture program records the data parameters in game, that can then be replayed with in the game itself (Not a video). So you can go back and replay it from any viewing angle. These are 2 separate and distinct  types of programs. If you just want to create a video  verbatim of your FS session, then all you need is FRAPS, Bandicam or the like. If though you want to playback other view angles then you need both. (Although the latest FSRecorder has the ability to create a video from it's recorded data, you will see audio sync problems with that approach). This is a example. The first part is just captured real time in sim at time stamp 1:35:50 are parts  of the same flight played back from different angles from FSRecorder, recorded to video via GameCam, which is what I used at the time, no longer available I now use BandiCam now. Note if you use FSX-SE the latest version is not compatible (Same with P3D) You need to use an old version V1.331. Also that won't work if FSX-SE is installed in Dual install mode. It needs to be installed as a single install, else it's DLL module will fail. You can get that here.

http://www.fs-recorder.net/downloads.php

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I took your advise and downloaded the program.

However I have no idea how to go about and would appreciate if you could provide

some hints.

My goal : I use FlightSimulator to fly from airport a to airport b and want to record the flight.

Later I intend to watch the recorded flight.

I assume to fly the aircraft first and then use dxtroy.But how ???

Like I said I would appreciate some hints.

Thanks

HubertWerni

Hello, It is very simple and there is 0 FPS hit,  

1 - make sure you select the resolution and quality you want to record, this can take a lot of hard drive space.

2 - download their free codec pack and choose one that will suit you project. If you are going to use Adobe Premier to edit or just upload to YouTube for example.

3 - choose the drive you want to save the video to. 

4 - Choose the hot key you would like to use to  record or snapshot.

Nothing more to it, it is quite straight forward 

this video  below I used with 8009 x 1600  res.  lossless.  all setting maxed in FSX-SE  and heavy weather @ 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I use  only Bandicam for my pro videos. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hi, a very interesting thread.

When I use FSRecorder, the problem ist that it leads the 777 to issue a lot of warnings like "Glideslope, pull up". Is there a way to avoid this? I'm thinking since long not only to make screenshots of my flights, but also videos, but I would have this kind of warnings when I replay my approaches with FSRecorder.

Hi, a very interesting thread.

When I use FSRecorder, the problem ist that it leads the 777 to issue a lot of warnings like "Glideslope, pull up". Is there a way to avoid this? I'm thinking since long not only to make screenshots of my flights, but also videos, but I would have this kind of warnings when I replay my approaches with FSRecorder.

That's why I only record live. I'd like to know if there's a workaround for this too. Edited by PhugoidEffect

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

There is a new cross platform program designed along the lines of FSHost or FSINN for multi play flights. But, it also has a very useful flight recorder program. I have to tell you I have never used the recorder, but some fellow pilots at my VA DC3 airways have been experimentiing with it, and so far are very impressed. Anyway, here is the link so you can look around and give it a try

http://pmem.uk/joinfs/

Sherm