Sign in to follow this  
darthranger

Addon Aircraft Missing After Update

I finally got around to updating P3D v3 to V 3.49 and now none of my add-on aircraft are displayed with a "Failed to Initialize, visualization only" indication.  Can't seem to find a solution anywhere.  I tried deleting the C:/program data\ Lockheed Martin\P3Dv3 folder and let it rebuild. Still no addon aircraft.

Any thoughts/solutions would be appreciated.

Rick

Hello Rick,

May possibly be a corrupt VehicleFavorites.xml file,  Do you have this file ? This is were your Saved Favorite Aircraft go,   Locate this file and Move it out of the below location onto your Desktop,  Launch Prepar3D and test  

Location:  Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ►Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3   VehicleFavorites.xml  

Hi Elaine

No, that didn't work !

FYI, I had already tried deleting the whole: Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ►Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 file and let it rebuild, without success.

Have you checked the path in your simobjects.cfg folder?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

What should the "Path" be ?    (My P3D is located on D:/, not C:/)

[Entry.0]
Title=Default Airplanes
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.1]
Title=Default Avatars
Path=SimObjects\Avatars
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.2]
Title=Default Rotorcraft
Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.3]
Title=Default Ground Vehicles
Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.4]
Title=Default Boats
Path=SimObjects\Boats
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.5]
Title=Default Animals
Path=SimObjects\Animals
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.6]
Title=Default Misc
Path=SimObjects\Misc
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.7]
Title=Default Submersible
Path=SimObjects\Submersible
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.8]
Title=Default Weapons
Path=SimObjects\Weapons
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.9]
Title=Default Countermeasures
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
Required=True
Active=True

I think I figured this out....

My P3D v3.3 was installed in my D:\ drive.

When the P3D client did the upgrade, it apparently changed + updated the P3D file located in the C:\ drive and changed the path to open that file.  Since none of my addon aircraft were in that file, they weren't recognized. 

Freakin' weird !!!

So, I moved my addon aircraft over to C:\Lockheed Martin\ P3D, then changed the sim objects .cfg file path and now it's working.  

Looks like I'll have to merge the rest of my D:\ P3D files with C:\ P3D  (Orbx scenery etc.) and then delete the D:\P3D file.

Now I also understand why ORBX Direct was saying that none of my Orbx scenery was loaded.  That file was in D:\P3D, not in C:\P3D.

I think I'm going to have a look at X-Plane 11.  LOL

• Like 1