xEnviro (XP11) V/s ASN-REX (P3Dv3)

*P3Dv3 + ASN + Rex soft clouds (KPDX-Portland) @ FL300

2016-12-18_14-59-25-277_zps0mchdc2p.png

*XP11 + xEnviro (KPDX-Portland) @ FL300

X-Plane%202016-12-18%2015-49-53-36_zpsyq

• Upvote 10

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Nice could you post one from skymaxx 4 too?

• Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Guest Mik75

Interesting comparison!

Both look very good and realistic!

The possible variations of ASN with REX SC is quite limited though.

xEnviro creates (visually) are more dynamic environment, in my opinion.

Nice comparison! 

xEnviro is really growing on me (although I am still on v1 and I'm hearing complaints about 1.04). At first glance I prefered P3D, but looking at the screenies in full resolution I would say it's a draw. 

• Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Well, XEnviro's out of control sky colors ruin the shot, but the clouds are pretty good.

• Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Tried Skymaxx 4 with RWC, EnvrioX 1 and 1.04.

It's EnviroX 1.04 for me. Slightly worse fps (2 ish) but I suspect that may because the cloud shadows are now working. Worth the drop for the effect.

Afraid SM4 just doesn't give enough variation of cloud type and also does not have the adjustability of the lighting effects for me

• Upvote 2

Just tried v1.04. And I must say Im pleasently surpised. I huge step over 1.0 IMHO, wich I did not like much (too "FSXish"). Now its  better integrated in XP11 environment. The art assets are still behind the best out there and the skycolors need tweaking (too much sturation). But that is just kosmetics and will improve over time. Weather generation seems more accurate too. I hope they improve further like this. A state of the art all-in-one package for XP is certainly nice to have.

• Upvote 1

Out of those two images I like the xEnviro shot more. I'm not keen on the way you sometimes get clusters of cumulus in P3D where a layer of stratus would look better, which it seems xEnviro does more often. That clustering can be greatly improved using PTA using the alternate rendering method.

• Upvote 3

inside clouds I would still pick asn 16 and asca but xenivro has made up a lot of ground. If they can make improvements over time then this will be a very good and must have addon.

• Upvote 3

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

inside clouds I would still pick asn 16 and asca but xenivro has made up a lot of ground. If they can make improvements over time then this will be a very good and must have addon.

With you on all of that. xEnviro is *really* promising. I feel it's just about a must-have already.

• Upvote 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Well, XEnviro's out of control sky colors ruin the shot, but the clouds are pretty good.

I have to agree that day sky textures in xEnviro are way too blue and saturated. I hope, they will provide options for other texture sets in the future.

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I have to agree that day sky textures in xEnviro are way too blue and saturated. I hope, they will provide options for other texture sets in the future.

Skycolors are no longer based on a simple texture: "New realistic sky coloring based on phenomenal Perez sky model recognized as international standard. "

Wich means its pure math. Its a really cool and innovatif feature. If you go to different places of the world and change the date as well, you will see different skygradients according to th place and time. Eg. more pale blue in winter or further north as well. Or more rich near the equator etc. But I think, the values although mathematical correct have to be tuned for use with the sim. Mainly too much saturation. A slider would do the job and everybody could tune to his liking.

• Upvote 4

xenviro developer posted on facebook they are going to get the very best cloud artist for X-Plane to work on future updates - guess they didnt to begin with 

Maybe we will see REX develop for X-P lane in the future - that would be awesome - good things coming to XP11 platform me thinks   :wink:

• Upvote 3

Rich Sennett

I like that blue sky myself. I've seen skies as vivid blue as this many times, just as I've seen the murky haze of the P3D shot.

• Upvote 1