Sign in to follow this  
albar965

Little Navmap public beta release 1.2 - new 1.2.2 beta released

Little Navmap public beta release 1.2.2

Version 1.2.1 was dropped due to scenery loading problems.

Links

Little Navmap
Release page on GitHub:
https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/releases/tag/v1.2.2.beta

Direct download link Windows:
https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/releases/download/v1.2.2.beta/LittleNavmap-1.2.2.beta.zip

Direct download link macOS:
https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/releases/download/v1.2.2.beta/LittleNavmap-1.2.2.beta.dmg

Little Navconnect
Release page on GitHub:
https://github.com/albar965/littlenavconnect/releases/tag/v1.2.2.beta

Direct download link:
https://github.com/albar965/littlenavconnect/releases/download/v1.2.2.beta/LittleNavconnect-1.2.2.beta.zip

Changes from 1.2.0 to 1.2.2

The scenery database has to be reloaded due to schema changes.

All who are using network/remote setups with Little Navconnect have to update this too due to protocol changes.

• Optimizations of the loading process resulted in double loading speed on some of my computers.
  • You can now see all BGL files that are involved in airport creation as links in the information window. A Windows Explorer window will open with the corresponding BGL selected if you click the link.
  • Fixed dropping of ILS from add-on sceneries and navdata updates.
  • Several drawing errors fixed.
  • Included PDF manual updated.
  • Airway names are now correctly assigned after reversing route.
  • Added offline indication in status bar.
  • Fixed problems with weather indication for active sky departure and destination airports.
  • Corrected map display overflow logic when using too many details. Now displaying a red warning message if too many objects are shown.
  • Adjustments to flight plan calculation for better routes.
  • Deleting incompatible databases on startup is now fast.
  • A lot of small improvements and bug fixes.

Old news below

Little Navmap public beta release 1.2.0

All lot of improvements, mostly requested by the community, were added. Not all wishes made it into this release, but this won't be the last one. :smile:

Installing over the previous Release:
It is recommended to delete the old installation directory of Little Navmap. You can also install a newer version into a new directory but do not merge the installation directories.
Anyway, no settings (except custom maps) are a stored in the installation directory. Therefore, it is usually safe to remove it.

The program will ask you to erase the scenery database since the format has changed.
Confirm and load the database again.

For all using networked connections:
You have update to the latest Little Navconnect too since it was enhanced to transfer weather and AI.

About the manual:
The manual is now included as a PDF in the ZIP file.
An online version of the manual is available at GitBook and all help buttons in the program also point to the online manual on GitBook.
The online manuals will be constantly improved until the final release. The German manual is outdated and will be updated  too.
You can also download the latest as PDF, ePub or Mobi format.
https://www.gitbook.com/@albar965

Links

Little Navmap
Release page on GitHub:
https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/releases/tag/v1.2.0.beta

Direct download link Windows:
https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/releases/download/v1.2.0.beta/LittleNavmap-1.2.0.beta.zip

Direct download link macOS:
https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/releases/download/v1.2.0.beta/LittleNavmap-1.2.0.beta.dmg

Little Navconnect
Release page on GitHub:
https://github.com/albar965/littlenavconnect/releases/tag/v1.2.0.beta

Direct download link:
https://github.com/albar965/littlenavconnect/releases/download/v1.2.0.beta/LittleNavconnect-1.2.0.beta.zip

Changes from Release 1.0.5 to 1.2

The program is not compatible with Windows XP anymore.

Little Navconnect is only needed for remote connections now.

Enhancements

General

* Printing for map, flight plan, airport and weather information added.
* Added night user interface style and others including a dimmable map for night display.
* Units can now be changed to metric, imperial and nautical separately for distance, altitude, speed, weight and volume.
* Database updates by fsAerodata (https://www.fsaerodata.com) are supported.

* Coordinate format can now be changed from degree/minutes/seconds to decimal degree format.
* Freqencies for VOR, NDB and ILS added to approach information tab.
* Added display of helipad details to information window.
* When changing departure, destination or flight plan type, the save function will optionally show the "save as" dialog. This helps to avoid overwriting flight plans with the wrong content.
* `Save Map as image function added.`
* All help is now available either offline as an included PDF or online from Gitbook.

Flight Plan

* Flight plans can now be exported to the GFP format used by the Flight1 GTN 650/750.
* The names of user defined waypoints can now be changed.
* Flight plan route description parsing added which allows to convert flight plans from and to ATS route descriptions. This even uses speed and cruise altitude data given in the route description.
* The active flight plan leg is now hightlighted on the map and in the flight plan table.
* Added toolbar button to adjust flight plan altitude according to simpified hemispherical and IFR/VFR rules.
* Added navaid range column in flight plan table.

Weather

* Weather data can now be directly fetched from the simulator and is updated every 15 seconds. This also applies to remote connections.
* Weather is now shown in decoded format in the information window for all weather sources like simulator, ASN, AS16, NOAA and VATSIM.

* The Active Sky flight plan weather file is now used to show METARs and decoded weather for destination and departure. This gives a precise weather indication for ASN or AS16 users.
* Wind pointer on top center of the map for wind around user aircraft added.

Map Display

* AI and multiplayer aircraft are now shown on the map. Information about these is available in the aircraft progress window and tooltips.
* Added configurable top of descent display on map and elevation profile display based on simple number of nautical miles per 1000 ft rule.

* The floating map overlays can now be hidden.
* Added a mode that scrolls the map continously while displaying and following the user aircraft.
* Movement and updates of the user aircraft are now more fluid.
* User aircraft icon can now show an optional line indicating the track.
* Aircraft types \(jet, piston/turboprop, helicopter\) are now indicated by the user and AI/multiplayer aircraft icons.
* Added drawing of minimum safe altitude for each flight plan segment in profile window.
* Runway length is now shown in precise units using meter or feet depending on settings.
* Text labels on map can now be customized for airport, user and AI/multiplayer aicraft.
* Symbol and text sizes for airports, navaids, user and AI/multiplayer aircraft can be changed separately.

* Flight plan and user aircraft trail line width and color can be changed.
* Range ring and distance measurement line width can be changed.
* Zoom distance for double click and `Show on map menu items can now be changed separately.`
* Added option to center map on last flight plan on startup.

Flight Simulator Connection

* Little Navmap can now connect to a flight simulator directly. Little Navconnect is now only needed for remote connections.
* Little Navmap can now optionally reconnect to a local flight simulator or a remote Little Navconnect instance. Start order of programs does not matter now.

* Hostnames can now be deleted in the connect dialog list.

Problems Solved

General

* The OpenTopoMap is back in all its glory. In general all online maps using HTTPS connections should work properly now.
* Course to or from user defined waypoints was wrong in some cases due to missing magnetic variance.
* Fixed crashes in flight plan calculation when using the FSX/P3D Navaids update (http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html).

* Solved small problem where flight plan calculation jumped often between equal overlaying airways.
* Line endings for saved PLN files are now always Windows style which allows to load the flight plan into PF3 ATC.
* Route type was empty when saving a flight plan in some cases. Flight simulator could not load these.
* Magnetic variation was wrong in some cases in information window and tooltips.
* Solved old problem with tooltips reappearing randomly.

Scenery Library Loader

* Duplicate navaids and airways are now removed.
* Added workaround that omits long invalid airway segments while loading the scenery database.
* Fixed problem when reading too small BGL files into the scenery database.
* Fixed map zoom problem with some add-on airports that contain a far away dummy runway.
* Solved old problem that caused airways split into fragments during loading.
* Fixed problem that recognized too many add-on runway surfaces as `invalid.`

Edited by albar965
Added new 1.2.2 release
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

* Database updates by fsAerodata (https://www.fsaerodata.com) are supported.

Possibility of Navigraph support in next version?

Since fsAerodata uses Navigraph and many of us already have a Navigraph subscription, it would make it more useful.

BTW, rather than waiting for an application specific version of Navigraph, you could use an already existing one.  FsToolKit uses the AviaSoft EFB Navigraph file, which can be manually downloaded and installed if you don't have the app.

Thanks,

Ernie

Hi Ernie,

the plan is to read the Navigraph data directly in the next version.

Alex

Hi Ernie,

I have a Navigraph and fsAerodata subscription.

I know Alex has put many hours into getting the fsAerodata working in Little Navmap and can confirm it works well in 1.2.0

For now this is the best way of keeping your Flight Simulator up to data with the AIRAC cycles and a subscription to fsAerodata (which also requires a Navigraph subscription) is relatively cheap imho.

Alternatively you can wait until Alex releases reading the Navigraph data directly but there are no guarantees on how long this will take due to the amount of work involved and the many other issues/enhancements he will package into the next release.

Kind regards

Hi all,

I added the macOS release.

It can be downloaded here: LittleNavmap-1.2.0.beta.dmg

Be aware that there are some problems:

• The "Show last position" on startup does not work.
  • Map overlays are not available. You have to use the mouse or the cursor keys to scroll and zoom.
  • Google Earth KML functionality is not available.

Alex

Alternatively you can wait until Alex releases reading the Navigraph data directly but there are no guarantees on how long this will take due to the amount of work involved and the many other issues/enhancements he will package into the next release.

Thanks Paul,

Because fsAerodata only supports SIDs and STARs procedures on default GPS navigation unit with P3D and I'm FSX only, I can't justify the extra expense of a fsAerodata subscription.

Certainly Navigraph data support would have been preferred, but it's absence doesn't diminish the current level of usefulness of LittleNav to me.

It's still a darn fine application.

Ernie

Alex,

Thank you so much for this fantastic software! At first I hesitated based on screenshots showing so many ungrouped windows all over the place. Tried LNM last night and found that one could undock, drag to other dock area, where it would dock back up in a docked "group".  BRILLIANT! On another note, my networked WX/Map machine runs WinXP.. No Problem! Your program is so lightweight and fast that it has no effect whatsoever running on the FS machine, keep up the great work!

One question - I see that you have mapbox support as a requested enhancement at github. Will you have support for custom made maps such as this download? (yes, it's mine)  Downloaded mapbox.zip (works as is) from github and quickly tried to modify mapbox.dgml "path=" to include the custom map paths / token with no luck. Maybe too soon?  I hope you can make it work.

Again THANK YOU & Happy Holidays!

Roman

Hi Ernie,

I spend way too much on this hobby so can understand the need to justify more expense.

Hopefully full Navigraph support won't be too far into the future.

Enjoy your flight simming and Happy Holidays.

Kind regards

Awesome Software. Amazing too! Outstanding I should say.

Congratulations and thanks for this Christmas present.

Everything seems to work fine.

I miss something: SID, STARS and APROX, eventhough I think I read somewhere something about you probably had include these features in the future?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Greetings and Merry Christhmas.

Hi Roman,

thank you for the kind words! The docking windows are feature of the Qt framework I'm using, so most of the praise should go to them. :smile:

The Mapbox is not supported yet. That needs some more modifications I can't do in this beta phase. I'll add this to the next release.

runs WinXP.. No Problem!

Do you say that it is running in Windows XP?

I thought I broke compatibility with the update to 1.2?

At least I cannot run it in my virtual machine here.

Hi papelino,

Approaches are also planned for the next release. These will come since I need them for my flying too. :smile:

Happy holidays to all of you!

Alex

my networked WX/Map machine runs WinXP.. No Problem!

Do you say that it is running in Windows XP?

I thought I broke compatibility with the update to 1.2?

Alex,

No, I understand it will not work on XP, just a comment saying that I don't mind running it on my low/mid powered FS (win7) machine as it is soooooo lightweight on the system!  :Applause: (could have wrote that better)

Looking forward to what comes next!

Thanks. Its a great little program. My now goto moving map.

I see that it was my mistake in subscribing to Aerosoft Navdata instead of Navigraph. Seems navigraph gets more support. Oh well. Still nice to have such a robust moving map that is light on resources. Highly recommended

I'll try to get support for Aerosoft Navdata too.Should be no problem. It is all the same format anyway (if you look at the navdata for PMDG)

Alex

So your saying that we have support for Navigraph :smile:  :smile:  :smile: ???