Sign in to follow this  
branks737

Best nvidia driver for gtx1080 or 1070

Hello fellow simmers, I have read here that the new nvidia drivers introduce stutters for the Pascal 10 series cards. I am currently on the latest, 376.33 and own a gtx1080. I was wondering if anyone was using an older version for the pascal card that produced better performance in p3d v3.4??

I think the first driver version to support the pascal cards was 368.25.

Regards

Branko Markovic

After rolling back to a few older versions (368.25, 368.39 and 361.43), then going back to the latest version (376.33) it appears that for me, 368.81 for win7, gives me the best performance according to bench tests I have done with fraps. In saying that though, the performance was a slight improvement.

Regards

Branko

Also depends on any other games you might play. I don't but my kids play Battlefield 1 and Watchdogs 2 and in both games, the game actually pushes you to install the latest NVidia drivers when you fire it up. When looking at the driver change logs it also specifically mentions these games. If only simming then you can afford to stick with an older proven driver.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Thanks. My computer is only setup for flight simulator at the moment so I'll stick with the older driver version for now.

I am also using always the latest NVidia drivers for my 1080. And I never saw performance jumps, in either direction.