Sign in to follow this  
StChalky

FlyTampa EHAM Amsterdam released

Awesome, Stu, thanks for the info! :good:

Please be so kind and report back your initial impressions.

I am particularly interested to hear the performance news.

Awesome, Stu, thanks for the info! :good:

Please be so kind and report back your initial impressions.

I am particularly interested to hear the performance news.

This. I'm pretty excited, but God knows EHAM is a hungry beast...

I don't expect a miracle from FlyTampa, but well... if it runs at least as good as Aerosoft's EGLL, I'll buy it without hesitation.

Like it a lot, did get an OOM because I missed Ultra was set (normally use 1024, the installer set it). Also installed the light textures from the Flytampa forum. FPS is fine, but VAS can indeed be an issue with a lot of addons (I use PMDG737, ASN16+ASCA, ORBX Vector, OpenLC EU, VOXATC, 20% AI)

980ti, i7 4790k, Win10

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

Looks beautiful.  Very curious about VAS/performance.  If someone has a 4K monitor, let me know if you see a lot of flashing...I get a lot at Copenhagen.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just found it on the Flytampa site for sale for FSX/P3D, downloading now.  2 files; 1 at 314MB,2nd at 1.8GB  http://www.flytampa.org/eham.html

Interesting!. It was supposed to be shown on a livestream yesterday at AirDailyX.net, but it seems that the FT guys thought it was better to release it without waiting anymore.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

It was supposed to be shown on a livestream

It is being streamed by Airline2Sim.

VAS can be indeed a problem. P3D with 1024 textures and low-rez textures installed, NGX from EGLL (UK2000), Weather very bad (450m vis), much traffic with Vatsim Event. At the end 500mb remaining. Not much but ok.

On the other hand, good frames (always above 18-20) and looks great.

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

I've only had time for a quick look round as I wanted to get a quick flight in before time ran out so did an NGX flight from Taxi2gate EDDM to EHAM. I did the default install which is high-res textures only around the immediate area of the terminals; from Flytampa site you can get a high-res textures pack or low-res pack. I only enabled the apron vehicles, there is also options for extra road traffic including a major motorway nearby.

I'm running an i5 3570k clocked to 4.8, gtx970 4gb, on a 27" lcd monitor. FSX-SE, Add-ons used were the PMDG NGX, orbx global, orbx OPENLC Europe, ASN, REX soft clouds, Pro-ATCX, and WOAI traffic set at 46%. It was a bit of a pea souper landing with the heavy fog and just about nightfall so lots going on. VAS stayed just under 3.5GB, fps was averaging around 20, which I'm used to around heavy hitters like FlyTampa Toronto,Sydney, Copenhagen etc UK2000 EGLL, et al. Generally it's reasonably smooth which works for me in having a nice amount of traffic and decent amount of eye candy.

In short I really like it and look forward to getting some more flights in and out of there and have a good look round.

Cheers

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

Anyone who had aerosoft EHAM (after unselecting this) and installing FT EHAM..what is y'alls opinion?

I have the old Aerosoft's EHAM.. , Chris Night Environment (Benelux) and with PDMG 777, UT2 traffic, I get 450MB VAS left over and 20FPS outside and 18FPS in VC. I could not use the awesome NL2000 Project high rez photo textures (OOM)

I do not have the FT EHAM.. not purchased as yet, I am not sure if it can take the FT EHAM.

The Q is Would FT EHAM better the old Aerosoft EHAM or worsen it..in FPS and in VAS?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hello,

View this scenery with your Virtual Reality HMD, Wow! look at the surrounding buildings and,the AI traffic aircraft, you will think as you are in Amsterdam Schiphol in real life. 

The regular monitors, no matter how high the display resolution  , cant even come close to the immersion factor, you get in viewing this scenery through HMD.

Thanking You,

Best regards,

Aftab

AFTAB HINGORO

Just watched my stream back and there are some quite big stutters present that I can only put down to the upload bitrate being a bit too high for my internet connection. Certainly they weren't there in the original gameplay. It's a lovely scenery and performance is great all round at sensible settings but the usual suspects will put you into OOM territory - swapping views a lot, changing from night to day, running 4K textures and maxing out settings etc. It needs to be handled delicately this one, but the details and modelling are as superb as we've come to expect from FT.

A caveat here in that I had no charts and this is really not how to fly the 777! I'm expecting a sarcastic email from my 777 pilot team any moment...

• Upvote 4

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I have watched your stream, Ben. It was very nice. Thanks a lot for it. Please do more.
By the way what happened to your 777 engine/tail textures at one moment? Was it an OOM coming? :wink:

Just watched my stream back and there are some quite big stutters present that I can only put down to the upload bitrate being a bit too high for my internet connection. Certainly they weren't there in the original gameplay. It's a lovely scenery and performance is great all round at sensible settings but the usual suspects will put you into OOM territory - swapping views a lot, changing from night to day, running 4K textures and maxing out settings etc. It needs to be handled delicately this one, but the details and modelling are as superb as we've come to expect from FT.

A caveat here in that I had no charts and this is really not how to fly the 777! I'm expecting a sarcastic email from my 777 pilot team any moment...

That guy demanding you follow the taxi flow was very funny. Thank you for your streams please do more especially this chilly winter!

VAS can be indeed a problem. P3D with 1024 textures and low-rez textures installed, NGX from EGLL (UK2000), Weather very bad (450m vis), much traffic with Vatsim Event. At the end 500mb remaining. Not much but ok.

On the other hand, good frames (always above 18-20) and looks great.

AI traffic can add easily 500mb you could downgrade all the AI textures to DXT1 and 512x512 size.