Sign in to follow this  
StChalky

FlyTampa EHAM Amsterdam released

Anyone who had aerosoft EHAM (after unselecting this) and installing FT EHAM..what is y'alls opinion?

The Q is Would FT EHAM better the old Aerosoft EHAM or worsen it..in FPS and in VAS?

I am having issues with it. The worst being it keeps crashing p3d at the same point (83% loading) almost every time I try and load it. Also the VAS seems high. First time I have ever I got an OOM by just changing an aircraft type without even flying. I presume this is just day 1 teething issues and there will be some patch out shortly. 

Also FYI the installer does not add the LC folder, so whoever buys it make sure you add the LC folder manually. 

Is anyone else having issues with P3D crashing when trying to load it?

I have watched your stream, Ben. It was very nice. Thanks a lot for it. Please do more.

By the way what happened to your 777 engine/tail textures at one moment? Was it an OOM coming? :wink:

I think it's an early sign of running out of VAS, I'm not sure.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I wonder what happens flying from FT Amsterdam to FT Copenhagen... if possible at all without a massive OOM.

• Upvote 1

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

I love the scenery.  It's great to have a high quality Amsterdam - at long last.  I just spawned in on VATSIM and looked around last night.  The airport was pretty jammed up with traffic.  Was amazing.    Loaded up the KLM 777-300, parked up at the gate and just looked around.  VAS maxed at 85%.   Peformance on my machine was good.

Earlier than expected but I'm not complaining.  Amazing!

I wonder what happens flying from FT Amsterdam to FT Copenhagen... if possible at all without a massive OOM.

Done it during test in FSX-SE and P3D not one OOM :-)

André

Done it during test in FSX-SE and P3D not one OOM :-)

Andre,

What settings did you use for LOD and autogen, texture resolutions in P3D? What was the amount of AI Traffic?

Thanks

For those who have this working did you have to really dial back the graphics settings? I still can not get it to load up in P3D, keeps crashing on loading. Despite trying the LITE textures and AI set to zero.

Does anyone know if this will work with the freeware NL2000 scenery?

Hmmm..why would you think it won't work? It should,

Except if you add other addons like NE, and other airports close to it and high traffic etc, you may run into OOMs.. I had to disable the NL2000 (but I am using Aerosoft EHAM,)

I am yet to get the FT EHAM.. Usually Fly Tampa addon is a day 1 purchase for me... but this area like Heathrow is an OOM inducing area... so  I am hesitating

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Well, I don't think that FlyTampa Amsterdam will have been built with NL2000 in mind! It's just that if I decided that I want it, I would need decent photoscenery of the Netherlands as a minimum. Flying over default scenery to get to a detailed airport is not an option for me.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What's wrong with UTX + GEPRO?

GEPRO was for FS9. Their FSX prodcut is GEX which was better than GEPRO imho.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am having issues with it. The worst being it keeps crashing p3d at the same point (83% loading) almost every time I try and load it.

Hi Richie

I had a similar issue when Flightbeam came out with their KSFO.. I seemed to be th only person who was unable to even load my aircraft into KSFO.... 

My issue happened to be a problem with the virtual memory (page file) setting on my PC..  I am not saying this is your issue...

just check your VM (Page file) setting. Did you change this recently..like changed the page file drive? Do you have enough space in the drive where you have your page file? can you try increasing it and then try.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Andre,

What settings did you use for LOD and autogen, texture resolutions in P3D? What was the amount of AI Traffic?

Thanks

Sent me a PM and I will share my P3D cfg file ;-)

André