Sign in to follow this  
StChalky

FlyTampa EHAM Amsterdam released

Hardly better than default from what I have seen

You run a tough regime Christopher.  :smile:

Yes, I am a perfectionist......which is why even certain areas of the PlayHorizon VFR Photographic Scenery of England & Wales annoy me. I have tried patching them using FS Earth Tiles, but some of these are blatantly obvious (and therefore almost as bad as the flaws that they are supposed to address)!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Richie

I had a similar issue when Flightbeam came out with their KSFO.. I seemed to be th only person who was unable to even load my aircraft into KSFO.... 

My issue happened to be a problem with the virtual memory (page file) setting on my PC..  I am not saying this is your issue...

just check your VM (Page file) setting. Did you change this recently..like changed the page file drive? Do you have enough space in the drive where you have your page file? can you try increasing it and then try.

To close the loop on this in case anyone else having similar issues with crashes at 83% loading, I found the problem to be a conflict with UTX Europe. If I unchecked all of the UTX scenery EHAM would load fine each time. 

I bought and installed EHAM with mixed feelings concerning the performance. Im pretty amazed how well the scenery performs. Im running it with FTX Global+Vector+openLC EU+Night Environment BeNeLux active UT2 as AI set to 40%. P3D is set to fairly high settings. AS16+ASCA gives the weather. With the NGX in use the sim stays at 30FPS (got to mention i set my beamer to 30Hz refre rate@ 1080p) EHAM itself is set to 1024 texture size.

All in all FT EHAM is a great add on that i like alot. FT great job on that one :)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I have the old Aerosoft's EHAM.. , Chris Night Environment (Benelux) and with PDMG 777, UT2 traffic, I get 450MB VAS left over and 20FPS outside and 18FPS in VC. I could not use the awesome NL2000 Project high rez photo textures (OOM)

OK.. I got the FT EHAM. I installed it deactivated the old Aerosoft EHAM and activated the FT EHAM and this is what I got in terms of performance... All else kept the same.. ( Chris Night Environment (Benelux) and with PDMG 777, UT2 traffic).

With Aerosoft EHAM: I get 450MB VAS left over and 20FPS outside and 18FPS in VC

With FT EHAM:  20FPS outside and 18FPS in VC (similar) but VAS is down to 230 and OOM Dings! Hmmm

I did the default install. 

Edited to ADD:

1. OOMed out

2. Downloaded and installed the low texture pack

3. VAS did not change much.. it's OOM Dinging....

Hmmm...

More cutbacks:

1) I unchecked everything I could  from the FT Configurator for EHAM.. unchecked All city lights, all traffic, no apron traffic nothing.  No chopper, nothing.. 

2) Did not start UT Traffic. So no Traffic.

It's now down to 300VAS Left..when flying circuits over the airport. It's just barley flyable at its basic skeleton EHAM.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

There's some posts in FlyTampa's forums about these VAS issues.

Memory leak, possibly? I got the OOM dings while doing a circuit with PMDG 777 too...

Aside from that, gotta say... the airport looks amazing (as usually happens with FlyTampa products). I'm hoping for some kind of update to improve VAS usage a bit. Who knows!

I also have VAS issues with FSX: what developers suggests is totally negligible in terms of VAS as the problem is in the terminal, there's some sort of memory leak. IMHO support assistance on the forum lacks.

Strange though if there indeed is an issue of some kind with the scenery why some people don't see any VAS issues. You would like to think no one would be able to escape a bug or memory leak of some kind in the scenery.

I just read the last post about this over in FT's forums where a guy reported he made a flight with lots of VAS intensive add-ons from Dubai I think it was to Amsterdam with no VAS issues what so ever. He said maybe it was due to him coming into Amesterdam from the south-east rather than any other direction meaning it could be something with the global scenery in other directions causing issues at EHAM.

Always very tricky these VAS issues...

Richard Åsberg

Done a flight with the latest P3D Version (3.4 Hotfix 2).

PMDG 777-200LR

Flight: EDDM - EHAM (Taxi2Gate, FlyTampa)

VAS in EDDM after Takeoff (2,69 GB)

VAS in EHAM at the Gate (3,18 GB).

Works perfect with 0 issues. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Hi there,

in the latest P3Dv3 i had no OOMs whatsoever even at high settings. Something must be wrong or FSX is the limit here :(

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

That the VAS management in FSX and also some of the later versions of P3D (haven't tried THE latest) isn't much of news I guess.

Richard Åsberg

Strange though if there indeed is an issue of some kind with the scenery why some people don't see any VAS issues. You would like to think no one would be able to escape a bug or memory leak of some kind in the scenery.

I just read the last post about this over in FT's forums where a guy reported he made a flight with lots of VAS intensive add-ons from Dubai I think it was to Amsterdam with no VAS issues what so ever. He said maybe it was due to him coming into Amesterdam from the south-east rather than any other direction meaning it could be something with the global scenery in other directions causing issues at EHAM.

Always very tricky these VAS issues...

True. To be honest, overall performance is within expected for me, I guess...

I'm not even trying those lite textures yet. Will give it a try and see how it goes.

Just tried with the B777 PMDG in FSX TXL-MUC-AMS in a single session. Coming from Germany VAS vas 2,5GB during final descent until airport was loaded. To make it brief I ended at 3,8GB with the ding ding in the background ...

Just finished flying from orbx Stockholm to AMS (with openLC EU and vector) plus AI traffic, had 1250 MB left when departing ESSA, when arrived at the gate 356 MB left and no ding ding.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Hardly better than default from what I have seen.

What scenery are you looking at? Now that you put in your signature you are helping other addon scenery companies is this comment really appropriate? Especially since it is so far from the truth to any non biased person looking at FlyTampa scenery?