Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

What do you think of these clouds?

Just wonder why you cannot give your values and textures to LR for next pacth. They're hugely better than default, unless Ben has some surprise for us with next release.

Just wonder why you cannot give your values and textures to LR for next pacth. They're hugely better than default, unless Ben has some surprise for us with next release.

Not a bad idea, although I doubt they would be receptive. I wonder if Laminar Research has a "weather artist" at all in their staff, since cloud/atmosphere/weather textures and datarefs have remain unchanged since one of the first stable versions of XP10 (that is more than 4 years).

Neverthless, they introduced some new datarefs for XP11, so I hope some changes in cloud depiction are in sight for the next betas.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I had read this thread this morning just before stepping out of the house, and I was thinking the very same thought afterwards.

Your 'experiments', Murmur, clearly show that with the right settings and the right textures, the clouds can look much, much better than default. From the stickied thread regarding clouds on this forum, the same was true for XP10 as well.

I welcome commercial alternatives of course - any company that's willing to expend resources to better the platform is certainly open to doing so, as well as being reimbursed for their time and effort. But these shots confirm that the biggest improvements could really be made with effort from the dev team themselves.

I have a strong feeling, that just as with XP10, unless the commercial applications *really* start to provide more than what they have done so far, my weather in XP11 is simply going to be tweaked default.

Murmur, they really need to throw a commission your way and get you working on this area!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.