Sign in to follow this  
honk2427@telus.net

PMDG 737-800/9 NGX Boxed Reinstall Problem / FSX-SE

Looking for some assistance reinstalling my PMDG 737- 800/9 NGX Boxed (Version1.00.3219) on FSX Steam Edition. I had problems with my GoFlt MCP digital displays staying at Zero's with the PMDG -737-600/7/8/9/ NGX all had the same problem even after a successful up-date install. I thought I would start up clean by uninstalling everything ( FSX Steam/ All PMDG Products/ All DreamTeam Add-Ons). After a successful Reinstall of FSX- SE I attempted to reinstall by Boxed PMDG 800/9 NXG and received the following ERROR Message; " Unable to locate fsx.exe. Unable to install" . I attempted to research the problem on all the applicable Forms to no avail, can someone assist me with  this Error Message ???

Respectfully Gary S. McAuley  

This is unrelated to the fsx.exe problem...but may be useful for GF MCP once you are up and running.........

Do you have the interface tool?

Download the Go Flight Interface Tool (GIT) (@$25) and it will talk to PMDG, including setting up Simconnect. Everytime you start PMDG, you do have to activate the GIT . Go Flight has 3 videos on linking their hardware to PMDG.

Doug Pelton

Hi Doug, Thank You Kindly for your reply, before my "Total Uninstall" ... I did have POLLYPOTS / G.I.T. (Freeware) and thought it best to purchase it (3 days ago) that way I would have the "Up-Dated" version. It did make a difference in the G.I.T. identifying the G/F Modules, but still "zero" digital indications from the G/F MCP displays even when I started FSX / SE (all 3 G.I.T. Configuration indicators were Solid Green).

So... Now the problem is now I'm trying to reinstall PMDG's Boxed Version of the 800/9 NGX before I can get back to reinstalling the rest of my installs.

The ERRO Message; "Unable to locate fsx.exe. Unable to Install"  is unfamiliar to me and a lot of the forms I've reviewed today. I am running Windows 10 Update from Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks Again Doug really appreciate you help today. Cheers, The quest for the Error Message Fix Continues...  

Respectfully

Gary S. McAuley

MCP...GF has had to walk me thru issues with their hardware.

If you haven't already...

---- use the GF Configuration panel.

----Set Compatible Add vs FSX default for MCP.

And then use GFITool.

Doug Pelton

After a successful Reinstall of FSX- SE I attempted to reinstall by Boxed PMDG 800/9 NXG and received the following ERROR Message; " Unable to locate fsx.exe. Unable to install" . I attempted to research the problem on all the applicable Forms to no avail, can someone assist me with  this Error Message ???

The boxed version was never intended to work with FSX:SE, so it has not clue to look for FSX in both the FSX and FSX:SE locations. For this, you need an updated installer that you can get through the support.aerosoft.com site (just select the NGX in the drop down menu). Once the new installer is downloaded, that is the only one that you'll need. Put the DVD up on a shelf to sit there and look pretty.

Kyle Rodgers

Scandinavian,

Thank You Kindly for you assistance on my problem. I purchased the Boxed version and installed with my boxed M/S FSX Gold Edition ...Now that I'm retire, and the Canadian weather has me indoors I've began my Flight Sim dream project, the physical build is fun. However due to aging and out dated software / hardware it's time spend some money to relieve some frustration and start enjoying the hobby again.

``A Day Without A Lesson Learnt ... Is A Day Lost ...`` Today`s  lesson was learnt ... and wiser old man continues his journey..... Delete ...Delete ... Delete!!

Cheers Gary

Gary...congrats on your retiring and immersion in this great hobby. Suggest a fast PC and graphics card. After many years fighting slow PC I took a moderate plunge and no regrets. Doug Pelton