Sign in to follow this  
hjsmuc

Weather engines, warning, only for comparison aficionados.....

Biscayne bay, view towards Miami Beach, today, 14:00 local time.

desktop12.18.2016-19.bvuxr.png

desktop12.18.2016-20.ugunh.png

desktop12.18.2016-19.5quqh.png

desktop12.18.2016-19.7judx.png

• Upvote 1

Hans

Let me guess.

1. P3D with REX (maybe ASN too)

2. XP with SMP4

3. XP with X-Enviro

Neither of them look like the real thing, obviously... we still got a loooooong way to go before flight sims actually look like the real thing!

EDIT

And I prefer shot 1 LOL but when it comes to sim shots I like the last one most although the blue sky is waaaaaaaay over saturated.

1. P3D 
2. XP with SMP4
3. XP with X-Enviro

And not impressed in the direction X-Enviro went with clouds this time - think I will put back the first version until they sort things out - thanks Hans for doing this

Rich Sennett

All right. First was with AS16 and ASCA. I was surprised by how similar XEnviro and AS16 depicted the scenario and how SMP did it. 

I prefer third shot no matter what will be.

So do I. They are close, at least. The colors can be adjusted with MaxxFX which is why I consider this tool to be essential for XP11.

Hans

All right. First was with AS16 and ASCA. I was surprised by how similar XEnviro and AS16 depicted the scenario and how SMP did it. 

So do I. They are close, at least. The colors can be adjusted with MaxxFX which is why I consider this tool to be essential for XP11.

And looking at second shot I really cannot understand all that hype about PR3D with ASN AS16, it looks so artificial to me and clouds enough fake but could be that just one picture don't make justice.

• Upvote 1

Live weather is always a moment's snapshot. Had a quick flight around PAKT last night with the P3D/AS16/ASCA combo and the lights at dusk were exceptional. Clouds very realistic too. Generally, I have seen better weather depictions with this combination in northern latitudes than in southern ones. 

Hans

Bonchie, that's Ortho4XP ZL17 photoscenery (Bing as source) and World2Xplane Florida for OSM data, using an overlay from Ortho4XP to get default autogen in addition to the OSM data generated by World2Xplane. 

Hans