Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

xEnviro roadmap

I'm very excited about the roadmap, xEnviro have up on their website. Some things stand out more than others (for me at least), and these are the ones I think will change the way we look at X-Plane in the near future.

Here are what I'm most looking forward to;

In the version leading up to 1.1

Cloud textures

Cloud representation

In the version leading up to 1.2

Cloud volumetrics

Visible precipitation volume (could we finally see snow accumulation)

The rest of the roadmap includes vatsim, historical, Mac and night environment.

Good times ahead...

• Upvote 2

Looks promising! xEnviro did not disappoint so far. Very pleased with the first cut and latest release. Thank you and Season's Greetings.

JJ

• Upvote 2

I'm very excited about the roadmap, xEnviro have up on their website. Some things stand out more than others (for me at least), and these are the ones I think will change the way we look at X-Plane in the near future.

I'd be more impressed with their roadmap if they listed manual adjustment of the injected weather, like we can do with default X-Plane weather and SkyMaxx Pro. And not just historical weather. This is a requirement for those of us who fly light GA and want the visuals without winds that make it impossible to fly.

I hope they realize they're losing some potential sales by not including this one feature. 

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I hope they realize they're losing some potential sales by not including this one feature.

I guess if enough people feel as you do, they might be willing to include it in an update along the roadmap.

Thank you and Season's Greetings.

Joyeux temps des fêtes Jean-Jacques. :smile:

Season's greetings to all Avsim friends.

This is a requirement for those of us who fly light GA and want the visuals without winds that make it impossible to fly.

Yep, or at least the option to switch off the wind. I see there is an option to increase the cloud-base, but what is badly needed is a way to put in your own weather. If I had to fly using real weather where I am, I'd rarely be able to use the the aircraft I want. I think this really should be a high priority item to fix.

• Upvote 2

Leave those windy countries, come to visit sunny Italy Tony, we need your skills for southern sceneries.

Well, not tomorrow as we expect snow...

But I agree, custom weather looks more crucial than historical weather, or at least the ability to save a certain date.

• Upvote 1