Sign in to follow this  
brucek

XP11: Hard left bank on approach with XP10 aircraft?

I've noted this with the B757 v2 and the x737-800, and am wondering if I'm just having bad flying coincidences or there's something different about these aircraft when operated in XP11?

Thanks, Bruce.

Not sure about the x737 but definitely not normal in the 757v2.

You'll have to be a little more specific. Are you talking about an ILS approach? Which one specifically? Does it happen on different approaches? Which navdata are you using?

I'm not an expert in 757v2 but I did hands flown couple ILS approaches and seems like keep getting a lot of power with throttle all way on on idle (dirty landing configuration). I had to use spoilers few times in order to maintain  Vref. Definitely have to wait  till XP11 version released 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Thanks guys- I'm flying a manual approach, usually no AP (although I used the AP today and got the error). But sometimes I don't get the error. I have been able to tie it to either landing flaps deployment or speed reduction- it could be that I over-stressed the flaps (I know, cardinal sin)- that may not explain why the break is always to the left, but I wonder if it is flaps (asymmetrical, damage, etc.)?

Incidentally, I live in the Denver area and way back in the mid-90's was able to sit in on on a flight check by Royal Nepal Airlines pilots at the UA Flight Training Center at Stapleton (long story as to why). I have never experienced anything so realistic and downright humbling- I was at the back of the full-motion B757/767 sim with the instructor. One of the checks was to disable the aircraft to the point that a crash was inevitable and for the crew to be able to "not give up". On this occasion on approach the instructor deployed asymmetrical flaps, one engine failure and a crosswind, so that the effects of each compounded (which engine, which side flaps broken, which cross wind direction). We did crash (it was a manually flown approach), and the FO (PF) was in tears after trying to maintain control- I just reminded myself of this old event with this issue in XP11..... :)

Thanks- Bruce.

'

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys- I'm flying a manual approach, usually no AP (although I used the AP today and got the error). But sometimes I don't get the error. I have been able to tie it to either landing flaps deployment or speed reduction- it could be that I over-stressed the flaps (I know, cardinal sin)- that may not explain why the break is always to the left, but I wonder if it is flaps (asymmetrical, damage, etc.)?

That could very well be possible. It should mention this in the log file. Feel free to attach it and we'll have a look!

i had the same issue with an approach with the default 737 and crashed with a message pop-up saying i had extended my flaps too soon.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Double check your joystick controls calibration.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”