Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Loading Lua in XP11 but cloud script not affecting clouds

I am saving the script in the scripts folder under Lua, not in the scripts (disabled) folder.

Get a green nil message for two lines.

My clouds are still dark.

Aaron Tirrell

I am saving the script in the scripts folder under Lua, not in the scripts (disabled) folder.

Get a green nil message for two lines.

My clouds are still dark.

Give me second - upload a working version with nice tweaks - credit to Hans and Tofi for walking me thru all of this - delete your entire flylua folder and put this new one in your plugins folder thats it - all will work out of the box - every time you start XP

Here you go

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-cAHnyMVBgfZnhtbVE0cUFIVkU/view?usp=sharing

Rich Sennett

Do I need to manually edit the data ref, first, then load the script into Lua without shutting down XP11?

Aaron Tirrell

Do I need to manually edit the data ref, first, then load the script into Lua without shutting down XP11?

No thats been fixed good to go - just dump old one - put in this new one into plugins folder - done

Keep in mind I am using xenviro not sure what about your white cloud question in other post 

Rich Sennett

I changed the default cloud numbers, now trying to save the script with Lua so I don't manually have to enter the numbers each time.

I mayn not have the latest version.

No thats been fixed good to go - just dump old one - put in this new one into plugins folder - done

Keep in mind I am using xenviro not sure what about your white cloud question in other post 

Dump the default data ref?

How do I do that, I think I am getting closer.

Aaron Tirrell

I changed the default cloud numbers, now trying to save the script with Lua so I don't manually have to enter the numbers each time.

I mayn not have the latest version.

Dump the default data ref?

How do I do that, I think I am getting closer.

Put the entire folder I posted in link into you X-Plane plugins folder nothing else to do - dataref can be in your plugins folder but flywithlua will do the rest - touch nothing in dataref

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Getting further.

I copied a working script of the changes I wanted to make, copied to a new notepad text, call test1.lua.txt

removed the .txt and renamed it test1.lua

then put it in the scripts folder.

When I start XP11 and start a flight there are two green lines, and a red Lua not working at top right, I restart Lua and it disappears with the green lines, but the clouds stay dark.

Give me second - upload a working version with nice tweaks - credit to Hans and Tofi for walking me thru all of this - delete your entire flylua folder and put this new one in your plugins folder thats it - all will work out of the box - every time you start XP

Here you go

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-cAHnyMVBgfZnhtbVE0cUFIVkU/view?usp=sharing

Just saw this, thanks, brb.

Aaron Tirrell

You did not follow instructions - delete your flywithlua folder its useless - mine is all set and ready to go - just do what I said - you cant use notepad to edit lua scripts it wont save properly 

Rich Sennett

I deleted the old one, and put the new one in, and have some white, but mostly dark clouds.

What editor is good?

Let me grab a few screenshots.

Aaron Tirrell

No error message anymore and sim looks better right as for clouds there would have to be some other script line or something - you using XP-11 ? I am using xenviro which allows me to change the cloud brightness - if your serious about XP you should buy xenviro

I dont know how to change stock clouds from how dark they are - maybe someone else can chime in but got you closer to where you need to be until Laminar pushes a better version of XP11

Rich Sennett

Yes Sir, I also downloaded Notepad++ which I saw others were using, I can change the cloud color to white, and add it to the text in the script thank you.

Aaron Tirrell

Yes Sir, I also downloaded Notepad++ which I saw others were using, I can change the cloud color to white, and add it to the text in the script thank you.

Excellent job thats it - thats all you need to do - good luck 

Rich Sennett

Got it did, lol. Woo Hoo!

brb with 2 screenies.

Now I can edit the scripts, add to, take away from, etc...

Thank you Richard.

Aaron Tirrell

Got it did, lol. Woo Hoo!

brb with 2 screenies.

Now I can edit the scripts, add to, take away from, etc...

Thank you Richard.

Any time sorry 1:00am here so little tired  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Was also able to add .txt to your script and read it in Notepad++, and also saved as test_1.lua as opposed to test1.lua like I saw in your folder, although the last part may not matter.

I have got it almost figured out now.

The ss is the way the clouds loaded after opening XP11 with my test_1.lua script, running in the folder you provided.

Thanks again.

It's all gravy now.

LuaClouds_1.jpg

12am here, me too.

Aaron Tirrell