Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

Fly Tampa EHAM (Amsterdam Schiphol) released

It's mostly the smaller objects...light poles, etc.  I'm running 3.3 (I think you are as well).  It's like there's z-fighting or something...textures can't decide which ones are in front.

Hi Gregg,

Some time ago found a solution for some kind of flashing similar to yours, and is related to the clipping mode of cameras in 'cameras.cfg'. I quote:

since you have the flickering issue in specific view modes (e.g. external view) only, one thing you could try is the following:

- In the directory [user]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX look for the file Cameras.CFG

- Make a backup of this file

- Within the file, search for the word "Clipmode" in the camera section for external view

- If the corresponding line reads "Clipmode=Minimal" change it to "Clipmode=Normal"

- Save the file, restart FSX, and see if your flickering issue has gone - good luck!

Regards

Pretty obvious that v3.3.5 is the most stable and VAS-reliable version of P3D ever made. I'm killing myself every day for not keeping 3.3.5 installers and I still appreciate if someone guide me (whether it's official or not) how to get them.

I wasn't in any hurry to upgrade from v3.3.5 to v3.4, but as soon as I became aware of those VAS issues with the latest version, the decision was made for me.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

would resizing ai aircraft textures from 2084 to 1024 resolution help with the vas usage? 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you set max texture size to 1024 that is what will be loaded and even if you don't want to stay at 1024 permanently that would at least be an easy way to find out if a lower texture size would fix your VAS issues.

I have had it set to 1024 for as long as I can remember I nearly never have any VAS issues despite using lots of add-ons such as all the FTX Global products, the NGX, FS Global mesh, AS16 etc etc.

Richard Åsberg

I don't believe there's a whole lot of difference in 1024 and 2048 but I run a 4K monitor

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

I don't believe there's a whole lot of difference in 1024 and 2048 but I run a 4K monitor

Although I'm now using a pair of Oculus Rift VR glasses I've been using a 48" 4K display up until now and I always kept TML at 1024 and just like you never noticed any real difference vs a higher setting.

At least not a difference that would be worth potential VAS issues...

Richard Åsberg

Hi Gregg,

Some time ago found a solution for some kind of flashing similar to yours, and is related to the clipping mode of cameras in 'cameras.cfg'. I quote:

since you have the flickering issue in specific view modes (e.g. external view) only, one thing you could try is the following:

- In the directory [user]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX look for the file Cameras.CFG

- Make a backup of this file

- Within the file, search for the word "Clipmode" in the camera section for external view

- If the corresponding line reads "Clipmode=Minimal" change it to "Clipmode=Normal"

- Save the file, restart FSX, and see if your flickering issue has gone - good luck!

Thanks for the tip.  Mine was in the VC but it's worth a try.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I need help. EHAM looks like this for me:

Just add the FlyTampa\Amsterdam_LC file to the your scenery.cfg this is a bug in the installer.

Cheers,

Ruud

Will try this right now, thanks! :-)

Edit: It works perfectly. BIG THANK YOU mate :-)

Best Schiphol scenery I have ever seen, with best performance too. Today with ASN weather there was a very thin fog groundlayer. Houses, buildings and trees were sticking out of this layer. I was amazed to see this on a picture during the review of todays weather in the evening news/weather forecast.

Yesterday, flight from EDDM to EHAM, 2 times, 2 OOMs...

Seems like I need to tweak around again.

What simulator and version are you guys using when you get these VAS issues?

Richard Åsberg