Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

Fly Tampa EHAM (Amsterdam Schiphol) released

That's what I guessed...

If you don't find any other solution you might want to try reverting back to P3Dv3.3 or even better 3.2 and most probably all your VAS issues will be sorted.

I'm on 3.2 and since I went back to this version from 3.4 I haven't had one single OOM issue and this is flying between FT EKCH and EHAM in the NGX with high settings both in P3D as well as for the airports with all global Orbx products installed including Vector.

Richard Åsberg

That's what I guessed...

If you don't find any other solution you might want to try reverting back to P3Dv3.3 or even better 3.2 and most probably all your VAS issues will be sorted.

I'm on 3.2 and since I went back to this version from 3.4 I haven't had one single OOM issue and this is flying between FT EKCH and EHAM in the NGX with high settings both in P3D as well as for the airports with all global Orbx products installed including Vector.

Only problem with this strategy is that for anybody who is interested in the FSLabs A320 this is not an option as the FSLabs A320 will only work with P3D v3.4. This is really a shame...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Only problem with this strategy is that for anybody who is interested in the FSLabs A320 this is not an option as the FSLabs A320 will only work with P3D v3.4. This is really a shame...

Since I do all my flying in the NGX I didn't reflect over this but I do remember it now that you mention it.

I agree, too bad for all bus drivers being forced to use 3.4.

Richard Åsberg

Since I do all my flying in the NGX I didn't reflect over this but I do remember it now that you mention it.

I agree, too bad for all bus drivers being forced to use 3.4.

Well I'm on P3D 3.4 (3.4.18.19475) not a single OOM with PMDG 777 / 737 also between EKCH-EHAM or EHAM-EDDF V2 or vice versa or other airports etc... ;-)

André

Well I'm on P3D 3.4 (3.4.18.19475) not a single OOM with PMDG 777 / 737 also between EKCH-EHAM or EHAM-EDDF V2 or vice versa or other airports etc... ;-)

And do you also use Orbx products such as FTX Global, Vector and openLC?

Richard Åsberg

And do you also use Orbx products such as FTX Global, Vector and openLC?

Yep :-)

André

Ok, that's great and then you're one of very few with no VAS issues in 3.4 so I suggest you play on the lottery :wink:

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

Or tell us your secret!

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Ok, that's great and then you're one of very few with no VAS issues in 3.4 so I suggest you play on the lottery :wink:

No lottery just wise with the sliders and settings and a bit of knowledge :-)

Actually my OOM time is way back in FSX.. :rolleyes:

Do I have the knowledge to invoke one yes I do lol :Devil:

André

it might be just that it will not be officially supported on the older versions but still run on them other than some particular functionality they appear to be sorting out

And...?? Would you be so kind, show us your secret)

No secret, but common sense and even then there will be differences between systems and P3D versions ;-)

But some items you could look at:

- Hardware correct working

- Correct overclock

- Correct working drivers and settings (including AA)

- Correct working OS

- No unnecessary background processes running

- P3D sliders set according to your hardware capability can be different based on 3rd party aircraft and add-ons in use.

- Limit 3rd party tools running in the background check also those on errors

- Check for errors in P3D like wrong traffic / config / effect / shader / texture files (you be surprised how many you will find here)

- Many more items to check...

André

Pretty obvious that v3.3.5 is the most stable and VAS-reliable version of P3D ever made. I'm killing myself every day for not keeping 3.3.5 installers and I still appreciate if someone guide me (whether it's official or not) how to get them.

The legacy installers are now available from your P3D account, my advice for what it's worth is grab 3.2.3.16769

Out of all the versions I have had on my rig it is the best on releasing VAS so far.

The legacy installers are now available from your P3D account, my advice for what it's worth is grab 3.2.3.16769

Out of all the versions I have had on my rig it is the best on releasing VAS so far.

What are the differences in MB of free vas?

Going to test myself now and will report back with the same settings....

André