Sign in to follow this  
Michael Cependa

Can't get replacement snow to show.

I am having a hard time getting the replacement snow to show in P3D 3.4.  The VFX Central installer seems to do something in that there are backup snow files created in the P3D texture folder, although the active files and backup files all show the same date of April 25, 2016. 

The whole setup seems confusing to me. There is a field to activate a serial number in VFX Central, but my initial purchase email says there is no serial number needed nor provided. 

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7, does this invalidate the product?

I originally purchased the product back in December of 2014 and I recall there was some problem with the snow in P3D at that time and I guess I lost interest after a while.  But now I would like to get it to work.  The default snow is so awful ... 

Michael Cependa

Developer Aerosoft DC-8

A product reinstall should be fairly easy. instructions are here: https://fsfxpackages.com/en/install/ but let me summarize here.

When you want to install a product you already own on your new computer, you:

1. Download VFXCentral,
  2. Install it,
  3. Launch it
  4. Enter the email and password for your account
  5. Once logged in, you will see a section containing your products
  6. Click Direct Install on the product you want to install
  7. Select the options you want
  8. Press Apply
  9. Done

I hope this helps!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks for the reply. 

I've done what you suggest several times before posting here.  I still don't get the snow effect. I think rain is working because it looks pretty good without the star trek warp drive look when in motion. But snow is not working. I've looked at youtube videos to make sure what I'm seeing is not how it's supposed to look. 

What is the install supposed to do? Does it just put textures in the P3D textures folder or are there are also files going into the effects folder? 

I am only installing the rain and snow and none of the aircraft effects because I am a developer and I need to see my own or default effects for my aircraft. 

Michael Cependa

Developer Aerosoft DC-8

Can you send me a screenshot of the VFXCentral > Preferences > Registry Editor page

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I've just downloaded the new VFX Central (after purchasing last year precipitfx v1.2 p3d license) but also for me is impossible to install snow textures in p3d v2.4, the old original ("terrible") textures are always there, any result also after the procedure indicated by Keven Menard, Clicking Direct Install and apply selected options makes nothing! In the textures folder the "new precipitfx textures" and the original p3d textures.bkp have the same date, I suppose that they are the same.

Any suggestion?

GR

Both of you, contact us through our support page and we'll go a step further to find the cause of the issue.

Best Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

It seems to me that the problem is not install snow&rain alone, if you install rain&snow + some effects, the new precipitfx snow is visible and working well !

I hope this will help

sq111

It seems to me that the problem is not install snow&rain alone, if you install rain&snow + some effects, the new precipitfx snow is visible and working well !

I hope this will help

sq111

You got it! Thanks for the research.

We pushed an update to fix the issue.

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42