Sign in to follow this  
raymondb

Did Carenado ever fix the issues with the Phenom 300?

Is the Carenado Phenom 300 a good buy now? Its currently listed for 30% off holiday sale and I was wondering if all the issues have been addressed and fixed by Carenado.I recently purchased the C525A but was not able to get the Navigraph database installed so I am thinking of the 300. 

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Raymond,

Until Carenado fixes their navigation equipment - so you can actually use it to "Navigate" - with such basic operations of being able to do a "Direct To" without erasing your flight plan - I don't think any of their glass panel or FMC based aircraft are a "good buy"... No matter what Nav Cycle you have loaded - without basic functionality - it pretty much precludes its use with realistic ATC such as PilotEdge, RC, etc etc... The only ones I'll ever consider are those that have steam gauges and native support for a GTN/GNS... Best of luck...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Is the Carenado Phenom 300 a good buy now? Its currently listed for 30% off holiday sale and I was wondering if all the issues have been addressed and fixed by Carenado.I recently purchased the C525A but was not able to get the Navigraph database installed so I am thinking of the 300. 

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

As far as I now they didn't but to me that is irrelevant.

If you have the GTN 750 you can fit that and fix all the problems using Bert's mods.

See other other thread here. http://www.avsim.com/topic/499280-carenado-christmas-sale-is-on/page-2  Items 25,26 etc.

In my opinion this is now a really nice small business jet.

Cheers Dean 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

The Phenom 100 v 2.0 now has 'activate leg' which allows you to alter the flight plan in flight without erasing the rest of your flight plan. I'm not sure if this is implemented in the 300 yet, though.

I do have the GTN 750 so hopefully all will not be lost if I do go ahead with the purchase. I will keep you updated.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Regards.

I own the Phenom 300 with all Bert's mods (for the GTN750)  installed.  I fly this a/c on a regular basis and have NO issues.  In fact, it is in my top 3 business jets to fly.  Recommend you purchase and install the GTN750 mods :smile:

WAT1460.png

I own the Phenom 300 with all Bert's mods (for the GTN750)  installed.  I fly this a/c on a regular basis and have NO issues.  In fact, it is in my top 3 business jets to fly.  Recommend you purchase and install the GTN750 mods :smile:

What's it like WITHOUT the GTN750?

Like other previous posts, I too have the GTN750 mod installed.

However, one thing I experienced was a "hit" on FPS in dense areas like Orbx's PNW region, specifically the Seattle area. I have an older computer, so if yours is newer, you may not experience this. Other than that, it is a lovely aircraft. I use FSX "boxed" edition. Hope this helps you in your decision making. If nothing else, purchase it now while its on "Holiday Sale".

Raymie

What's it like WITHOUT the GTN750?

It depends,

If you don't buy the Navigraph extension you cannot use Arrivals or Departures since these functions are disabled.

If you buy the Navigraph extension pack, you will be able to use Arrivals and Departures but you will find it with bugs and incomplete, VNAV is buggered, my FSX-SE crashed constantly during the plane loading and I lost around 12 to 25 FPS. I used the extension pack until last night when I wasted 15 minutes trying to load FSX-SE due to crashes and I got fed-up and uninstalled it.. surprisingly enough FSX-SE loaded without any problems every single time after that and my simulator reached 45 FPS at Gatwick extreme V3 (22 FPS with Navigraph installed), 70FPS in the bahamas (30 FPS with Navigraph installed).

I bought the GTN750 and I am planning to install Bert's mod tonight.

Regards,

Simbol

I was highly disappointed in the Phenom 300 with the Navigraph add-on.  Then when searching for solutions to the problems with the autopilot and G1000 I found the posts on Bert's GTN 750 Mod.  GTN 750 purchased and installed.  I'm a happy camper now.  :smile:

Regards,

Bill

• Upvote 1

Bill  N7IBG     

Thanks for all the responses.

I just looked at Carenado site and the price is back up to 39.95..

I don't think its worth the hassle at this price point.

Thanks.

I have phenom 300 and bert´s mod and also, in my last flight (minutes ago) navigation become crazy when I selected the speed hold in the AP. After that, plane was unable to follow correctly the airways or waypoints (the plane turns in a imposible or logic angle!!! when I tried to activate again the nav mode (gps mode). A flight very awful with this plane.