Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

MilViz T-50 Bobcat released!

I'm seriously wanting this, you can even vc integrate the f1 gtn and wx advantage radar!!! Overkill for vintage stick-and-rag but holy awesome! I need a YouTube video to hear the sounds those radials make.

I just took short flight from KBZN to KHLN using the radar range to guide me in (albeit in VFR conditions).   I'm uploading it to youtube now, but it will be a couple hours until it's up.   I'll share once it's uploaded and processed.

Short summary:   This thing is awesome.

I had problems after purchasing their B-55 and their response was to tell me they did not care because even though they advertised compatibility with Reality XP they never bothered to test it out, and then months later release an unfinished and bug filled patch that added a lot of bugs not in the previous version, soured me on Milviz. I liked their 737 classic (people say there are crash problems in their fmc) but the Beech fiasco turned me off to supporting them. Just in case you run into bugs do not be surprised if you find they never are going to get fixed. A simple refund would have pleased me for the B-55 but that also got met with the same "I don't care about you" attitude. some devs make great products but do not support them and do not care about customer satisfaction. Not having the money I used to to buy a lot of addons that B-55 purchase put a dent in my bank account.

I'm just after the 350 which i purchased what... 5 years ago?

Before that's out, i'm not buying anything else from them, sorry. The 737 is buggy in the AP (struggles to follow two waypoints near each other) and in their forum they stated it might be fixed or not. Plus the paintkit is a pain in the rear and they even said to me "it's for professionals only" after i painted over 300 other models. Sigh.

They're starting to look a bit like Captain Sim and that's not good. I sincerely hope they pull out of that quickly, this sort of replies to customers switches me off REAL quick. Oh and fix the 737 please, it's a real nice airplane.

• Upvote 3

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Wow, that's surprising to hear. I bought the b55 and had trouble with gtn integration. I got support in a timely manner and got it straightened out. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Still really looking forward to the bobcat to do some classic vfr flying! Guess I just have a thing for wooden planes.

Wow, that's surprising to hear. I bought the b55 and had trouble with gtn integration. I got support in a timely manner and got it straightened out. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Still really looking forward to the bobcat to do some classic vfr flying! Guess I just have a thing for wooden planes.

Do you have the latest patch? In fsx it removed my landing lights and some other bugs. The GTN support is easier because Flight1 supports it, but until recently RealityXP had been missing in action. so I understand if they had an issue RXP could not help them, but they should have not advertised RXP integration or offered me a refund. I even asked if I could buy another of their product and only pay the difference to the B55 but nope. I do not like to talk negative about developers because this is a small community, but MilViz and FsLabs are the developers that release good products but treat their customers like dirt. I got better support and customer service from Captainsim.

Yeah, I have to say, I own several MilViz craft (the C310, MD530, and now this) and I've yet to be let down by any of them.  I've had a few minor issues, but nothing that weren't resolved quite quickly.   The developers have been on the forum addressing problems in near real-time for this release, and already have a patch to fix several of the minor issues that have popped up on the way.

I know some folks are unhappy with how the King Air has played out, but personally I've never had anything but good support from Milviz and high satisfaction with their products.

(My video is still uploading.   I'm backing up a whole bunch of data to AWS at the same time, so my upstream is a bit slow.)

(My video is still uploading. I'm backing up a whole bunch of data to AWS at the same time, so my upstream is a bit slow.)

Does the Milviz Bobcat have only that one strange green color VC dashboard?

Don't know if I could live with that color.

Also what are the VC textures like?

They look a bit low res in the Milviz screen shots,

at least compared to some of the other Milviz planes.

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

OK, it's not fully processed into all resolutions yet, but the video is up.  This was my very first flight in the craft after just one or two runs-through of the startup procedure.   It hand-flies very nicely.

(A couple of the times the camera freezes looking off to the left is because I was staring at the radio range charts on my second monitor trying to figure out which quadrant I was in / wanted to be in.  So not used to flying this way.)

Does the Milviz Bobcat have only that one strange green color VC dashboard?

Don't know if I could live with that color.

Also what are the VC textures like?

They look a bit low res in the Milviz screen shots,

at least compared to some of the other Milviz planes.

Thanks,

gb.

All of the models do appear to have that green panel, yes.  It's a little odd, but it fits the craft.   If I had to pick a minor flaw it probably is the resolution of that panel, though.  It doesn't have the crispness that you'd expect out of, say, A2A, but it's about on par with the C310 IMO.  Here are two full-resolution, un-retouched shots I just took.

First, with the panel square on:

http://i.imgur.com/nWubv1v.jpg

And second, a more natural angle looking down over the left engine to put it into proper perspective:

http://i.imgur.com/lCQV4rl.png

• Upvote 1

I'm just after the 350 which i purchased what... 5 years ago?

Before that's out, i'm not buying anything else from them, sorry. The 737 is buggy in the AP (struggles to follow two waypoints near each other) and in their forum they stated it might be fixed or not. Plus the paintkit is a pain in the rear and they even said to me "it's for professionals only" after i painted over 300 other models. Sigh.

They're starting to look a bit like Captain Sim and that's not good. I sincerely hope they pull out of that quickly, this sort of replies to customers switches me off REAL quick. Oh and fix the 737 please, it's a real nice airplane.

completley agree!!! Milviz, give us the 350! We who bought this long ago, and I mean LONG ago, we want to get our hands on that soon! as You might understand. the long awaited T-50"... to refere to the text, what about the even longer awaited 350??? come on Milviz, instead of releasing this one, which for sure i a nice bird, you should focus and give priority to us who payed and still waits for the 350!!! we have waited long enough!

All of the models do appear to have that green panel, yes. It's a little odd, but it fits the craft. If I had to pick a minor flaw it probably is the resolution of that panel, though. It doesn't have the crispness that you'd expect out of, say, A2A, but it's about on par with the C310 IMO. Here are two full-resolution, un-retouched shots I just took.
First, with the panel square on:
http://i.imgur.com/nWubv1v.jpg
And second, a more natural angle looking down over the left engine to put it into proper perspective:
http://i.imgur.com/lCQV4rl.png

Thanks, appreciated.

I'd say from those shots the instruments and TQ look excellent.

It's just that flat panel the instruments are mounted on.

Almost has an out of focus look about it.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'd say from those shots the instruments and TQ look excellent.

It's just that flat panel the instruments are mounted on.

Almost has an out of focus look about it.

Yeah, that's a perfect way of putting it, that's very much what it looks like.  I didn't really notice it much in flight, though.   With no autopilot and extremely minimal navigation equipment it keeps you busy.   :Big Grin:

Look for a Service Release soon that fixes a few things noticed since the initial release.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Look for a Service Release soon that fixes a few things noticed since the initial release.

Thanks.

Probably end up buying this just based on its high cuteness factor.

:)

gb.