Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

MilViz T-50 Bobcat released!

We added some vibration(s) to the cockpit...  Thanks for the suggestion!

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Have installed the service pack, and have to say that with the cockpit vibrations this is an outstanding aircraft!.  Everything looks great, inside and out, and the flight dynamics seem to fit an aircraft of this type. And echoing others in this topic, I have always got any issues with Milviz craft resolved. And they have initiated some improvements on their previous craft on their own initiative; for example, integration of 3rd party avionics.

The only issue I have had with the T50 Bobcat, is that with the support pack installed, I experienced flickering of some of the switches on the instrument panel when the GTN750 was installed. The flickering only occurred when I was using an input device - yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, even keyboard commands.  I un-installed the GTN750 and installed the Milviz Garmin 530/430 combo and the problem disappeared. So I don't know if I have a problem with the aircraft or with the GT N750. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I'm just after the 350 which i purchased what... 5 years ago?

Before that's out, i'm not buying anything else from them, sorry.

I fully agree!

The keep promising to finalize the KA 350i but all a fake promises and excuses.

They keep producing and releasing new aircraft like there is no tomorrow, but 'forget' the customers who paid for aircraft in advance.

Milviz is one of the most unreliable developers I ever bought from. Never again!

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

The only issue I have had with the T50 Bobcat, is that with the support pack installed, I experienced flickering of some of the switches on the instrument panel when the GTN750 was installed. The flickering only occurred when I was using an input device - yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, even keyboard commands.  I un-installed the GTN750 and installed the Milviz Garmin 530/430 combo and the problem disappeared. So I don't know if I have a problem with the aircraft or with the GT N750. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have as well, in fact I just posted on the Milviz forum about this.   I do also have issues with the MV 530/430 combo.

http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=7127

Rob, I've answered your post in the support forum.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Rob, I've answered your post in the support forum.

Indeed you have!    You guys are always so quick, it's appreciated.

I fully agree!

The keep promising to finalize the KA 350i but all a fake promises and excuses.

They keep producing and releasing new aircraft like there is no tomorrow, but 'forget' the customers who paid for aircraft in advance.

Milviz is one of the most unreliable developers I ever bought from. Never again!

Although the first reports do indeed seem to suggest that the Bobcat is a good product, the ongoing King Air fiasco has soured my view of Milviz. It amazes me that every few months Milviz announces a large number of aircraft projects in the pipeline, when they really should be concentrating their efforts on completing the KA350, which at this stage should be an embarrassment to any reputable company. Those who paid in advance deserve to get what they were promised - in many other businesses this might be considered fraud.

• Upvote 3

Yup, same problem.  Milviz say they are working on a fix..

• Upvote 1

Bert

It amazes me that every few months Milviz announces a large number of aircraft projects in the pipeline, when they really should be concentrating their efforts on completing the KA350, which at this stage should be an embarrassment to any reputable company. Those who paid in advance deserve to get what they were promised - in many other businesses this might be considered fraud.

It has been stated many times already that the coders who are developing the entirely new avionics systems have been busy on their own, non-Milviz project. Now that that is mostly done, they will soon be free to resume work on the KA350i's new avionics suite. Milviz wanted the very best programming team working on this, so we have to be patient ourselves.

As one of several modelers, I cannot simply sit on my hands waiting for the avionics shop to complete their work. I have to work on other projects in the interim.

All customers received precisely what was promised; a working KA-350i early release. What is being done now will be a totally new avionics suite, plus the bonus of a KA-300 when it is completed.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

It has been stated many times already....

With due respect, it has been stated many times already by Milviz that the KA350i would be finished this year and that the best possible and most resources had been assigned to the project: i.e. the 'dream team'

Come on, we are now 3-4 years further along the road. Finish this project as promised many times.

Please no more excusus.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

It has been stated many times already that the coders who are developing the entirely new avionics systems have been busy on their own, non-Milviz project. Now that that is mostly done, they will soon be free to resume work on the KA350i's new avionics suite. Milviz wanted the very best programming team working on this, so we have to be patient ourselves.

As one of several modelers, I cannot simply sit on my hands waiting for the avionics shop to complete their work. I have to work on other projects in the interim.

All customers received precisely what was promised; a working KA-350i early release. What is being done now will be a totally new avionics suite, plus the bonus of a KA-300 when it is completed.

Sometimes, just a bit of input from you is enough to keep us quiet for a bit more. Still, it's been way too long, so it's normal if patience starts to wear out.

Anyway, we'll be here and it better be good. The good thing is, there are a lot more aircraft that can use the same systems, so....

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

BTW, the round "ball" nav lights that are used in this early version of the T 50 can

be replaced by the equivalent Milviz C310 nav lights for a much improved visual effect.

The Milviz forum is down right now, but I hope that Bill will pick up this hint here :smile:

Bert

The Milviz forum is down right now, but I hope that Bill will pick up this hint here :smile:

Bert, as it happens Chuck and I have just spent the last day and a half fixing some other issues that have been reported regarding the flashing displays of some of the avionics options, so yes I have made note of your recommendation and will incorporate that into the installer build folder for the next Service Release package.

I'm glad you like the C310's custom lights. I spent many, many hours getting them just the way I wanted them. :Cowboy:

Fr. Bill    

I picked up the Bobcat 2 days ago and I love it! Such a proper vintage experience, I'll fly it around very happily :)

I have only a few things I'd like to ask about, maybe you could help me.

First I find it very resource hungry - it eats fps like there's no tomorrow :) I have a few frame heavy add-ons but the Bobcat takes it all. Actually it is a continuous fps fluctuation with wide extremes but mostly stays very low compared to other birds. I'm no expert but is it possible that the cockpit rattle can cause any of this? (However I love that shake very much!) I'd test it if I knew how to disable that feature in the .cfg - not sure it's possible though.

I checked the starup vid on YT and enjoying the cold and dark startup of the T-50. The only thing I can not replicate is the priming effect - the knob turns, pulls/pushes properly but the red pressure indicator does not go off on either side.  With the fuel pump switched on there's no problem though and the engines start nicely. Do any of you have the same or is it a glitch on my end?

There's one handling issue I found: the Bobcat tends to turn/bank leftwards a bit all along the way. It is there all the time, during taxi, takeoff and in the air. It's like a single engine p-factor effect but it's not - I tested it with my other add-ons and default aircraft as well and only the Bobcat does this stunt. I reduced all realism sliders to zero, reset the controls, recalibrated and updated the driver for my X-52, reinstalled the whole Bobcat but no difference. It can be countered but I constantly have to babysit the stick when flying. Do you have any ideas how I could bring the balance back to the Force please? :)

I also noticed the flickering GPS combo panel, changed it to another setup and it's great and as I read above it's being worked on in the next patch. 

So I'm just glad to have this little aviation gem in my sim, for me it came out of the blue (I was checking on the upcoming Beaver release sometimes but didn't know about the Bobcat-project, it was a great surprise!). Love the sounds too, it's tremendous and very atmospheric, now looking forward to the paint kit too!

Thank you, have a great 2017 everyone!

EDIT: forgot to tell, I use boxed FSX with SP2