Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Two different monitors for a single video card.

Hello,

I have a question regarding a possibility of having a multi-monitor set-up for two different monitors (980Ti is here). They have 1920 and 2560 max resolutions respectively (both ASUS). Planning to use the former for P3D (I know it sounds strange, but with all add-ones I have, 2560 resolution is a way too much) and the latter for things such as FSC/PROATC/AS2016 etc.

Are there any technical troubles for having two different monitors on a single GPU?

Thanks

No sir, you'll be fine.  One thing though, I'd check the input/cable connectors to see if you need a converter.

The below setup is run on a GTX960 (55" 4K TV set to 3840x2160 and x3 23 inch set to 1920x1080).

Best wishes.

Dave%27s%204th%20Monitor%20%232.png

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

It will work just fine.

I run a 40" TV and 3 8"  VGA screens on my GTX970 without any problems. (I did need converters) 

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

And P3D is able to extend its full screen view on different monitor resolutions (not Fsx). This is a great enhancement.

The only side effect you might see is a black rectangle at bottom of your highest vertical resolution monitor (depending on your P3D settings), But I use it for various CPU/GPU gauges or ATC external program view.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

No sir, you'll be fine.  One thing though, I'd check the input/cable connectors to see if you need a converter.

The below setup is run on a GTX960 (55" 4K TV set to 3840x2160 and x3 23 inch set to 1920x1080).

Best wishes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39644013/Photos%20for%20Posts/Dave's%204th%20Monitor%20%232.png

Dave, are you daisy-chaining those monitors to the GPU using DisplayPort cables?

No, each monitor is hooked up directly to the Graphics Card.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.