Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Saitek Throttle Quadrant assignments change in P3D

I am using the Saitek Throttle quadrant along with a Thrustmaster T16000m and CH pedals for my sim. I just got the Saitek unit, and the only problem I have is this. All assignments for the Saitek are in FSUIPC, so I deleted all the assignments in P3D for the Saitek, both axis and buttons. Every so often, I start P3D and notice the throttle is "glitchy". I go into the control assignments in P3D for the Saitek, and I see that the Throttle axis is set along with a couple of the buttons. I delete the assignments and everything is fine again. Then a day or two later the same thing happens. Is there anyway to keep P3D from re-assigning these controls which I only want FSUIPC to take care of?  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The easiest way is to just disable joysticks (Ctrl + K) and not delete any P3D automatic assignment. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

The easiest way is to just disable joysticks (Ctrl + K) and not delete any P3D automatic assignment. 

I have tried that in the past, but no matter what I do, I cannot calibrate the CH Pedals in FSUIPC, have to use P3D to do it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have tried that in the past, but no matter what I do, I cannot calibrate the CH Pedals in FSUIPC, have to use P3D to do it.

I use CH Pedals as well. 10 years old and work perfectly in every sim I own - and I have all of them! Make sure you don't install any drivers from either CH or Saitek.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Bob:

I have had this happen once and awhile.  I suggest you do the following:

With the sim running, go to Options, Controls, select the Axes tab, notice at the bottom right of the Setting - Controls windows there is an Export Controls button.  Press that and save a copy of your control configuration (suggest you use or include the date in the file name).

Now, when/if you have the problem again, all you have to do is go to this same panel and click the Import Controls button and import the saved configuration.   

This works very well and allow one to have multiple control configurations if you wish to, and, allows a quick and easy way to restore your control configuration.

Regards,

Danny

Danny

DannyR, that is a great suggestion.  But I have the same problem with my Saitek controls and I still would like to know what causes the settings to change.

Spent today playing with this issue and found a few things that may be of interest. 

1.  I finally got the CH Pedals calibrated with FSUIPC, I don't use the CH manager software, and when I tried before , I ran into problems but today it worked. 

2. I now remember why I did not want to disable the controls assignments  in P3D.  I use the A2A control manager on several A2A aircraft to assign trim controls, because it gives a much more realistic trim speed than does either the P3D trim assignment or FSUIPC, and yes I have tried the fix by Froogle, but the A2A trim assignment is superior because it is a linear speed adjustment of trim. So most of my control assignments are done with FSUIPC, but I still enable the control assignments in P3D just for the trim that I mentioned. So when P3D decides to change some control settings for the Saitek Throttle, then the controls affected by these settings act up and I have to reset them. 

3. Did much reading, and found out that in P3D these random joystick assignment changes have been an ongoing problem for some going back years. 

4. My solution, and it seems to work, is to make the standard.xml file which is in appdata/roaming/lockheedmartin.Prepar3Dv3/controls a read only file by right clicking on it and changing it to read only. Now P3D can't change the settings when it feels like it. 

Just to check it, I copied the file, tried to make a change in the file , and save it, and it would not let me do that telling me it was read only. This fix  should work, and I read a few posts  on two different forums where other people had the same issue and fixed it in the same way. If someone needs to make a change in that file, all you have to do is right click on it again and uncheck "read-only", make changes, then make it read only again when finished. 

If I didn't need that A2A Input config program to work, I could have just disabled the P3D controls and used FSUIPC.