Sign in to follow this  

[XP11] GA plane advice

Really? Why is that?

Because I think it isn't the kind of plane to fly through mountains when weather is real bad. It is fun to fly it using VOR but only under VFR circumstances. When there is a thick fog or low clouds I wouldn't dare to fly this in for instance Norway where I fly a lot. I'd use a faster plane that can get me above the mountains in no time. ;)

BTW (just to be sure) the line 'it is on the top of my list now' was a final conclusion and had nothing to do with IFR or VFR. ;)

Because I think it isn't the kind of plane to fly through mountains when weather is real bad. It is fun to fly it using VOR but only under VFR circumstances. When there is a thick fog or low clouds I wouldn't dare to fly this in for instance Norway where I fly a lot. I'd use a faster plane that can get me above the mountains in no time. ;)

BTW (just to be sure) the line 'it is on the top of my list now' was a final conclusion and had nothing to do with IFR or VFR. ;)

Well, I've been flying in California IFR for over decade in different small aircraft including Cherokees. All I need legally speaking is "6 pack" (basic IFR instruments) and 1 VOR. And yes we do have mountains and not always can climb over it easily (if not at all).

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I like this one a lot!

1.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

This is version v3 of the Piper Arrow by vFlyteAir. I just need to learn how to add the pictures to the menu in XP 11.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I just installed the 140 Original into XP11 and flew for about an hour, no issues whatsoever.

My advice still holds - I'm not sure if I would buy anything new for use in only XP11 yet, just in case devs charge a fee for upgrading to a XP11-compatible model. But if one gets tempted, or impatient, it seems to work okay. :wink:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I just installed the 140 Original into XP11 and flew for about an hour, no issues whatsoever.

My advice still holds - I'm not sure if I would buy anything new for use in only XP11 yet, just in case devs charge a fee for upgrading to a XP11-compatible model. But if one gets tempted, or impatient, it seems to work okay. :wink:

Haha, thanks for testing it but I will indeed see how patient I am...

Nice pics, DJJose! I did read that the Arrow isn't as advanced (when it comes to this simulation) as the Cherokee. I do like that panel though! So maybe I will have to put this one on my list too. Never had an Arrow as far as I can remember. I like the retractable gear and prop lever. Two NAV radio's and a GPS in one panel can be nice too. ;)

EDIT

@DJJose, did you test that Arrow in XP11? I see it has been updated recently with some new options, apparently bringing it to the same level as the Arrow, and since it offers a bit more in one plane and is more different from the A2A Cherokee I already have I might move this Arrow to the number 1 spot of my wish list... :wink:

Nice pics, DJJose! I did read that the Arrow isn't as advanced (when it comes to this simulation) as the Cherokee. I do like that panel though! So maybe I will have to put this one on my list too. Never had an Arrow as far as I can remember. I like the retractable gear and prop lever. Two NAV radio's and a GPS in one panel can be nice too. ;)

EDIT

@DJJose, did you test that Arrow in XP11? I see it has been updated recently with some new options, apparently bringing it to the same level as the Arrow, and since it offers a bit more in one plane and is more different from the A2A Cherokee I already have I might move this Arrow to the number 1 spot of my wish list... :wink:

The Piper Arrow by vFlyteAir on the pics is v3. I've only tested v3 on XP 11 b2 and so far I like the results. It's not A2A quality, but consider that it's 1/2 the price.

V4 is a free update for XP 10. I will test in 11 b2 and let you know what I think.

They also make an SR22. It doesn't work in XP 11 b2, but it's a good one.

EDIT

V4 is a must have! The brakes do not work in XP 11, but b3 is supposed to fix this issue.

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

Go get it!

You guys seducing me to buy LOL.

here is an idea for developers. Aspen!

978064_10200753629316636_1719935739_o.jp

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

You guys seducing me to buy LOL.

here is an idea for developers. Aspen!

978064_10200753629316636_1719935739_o.jp

Nice.

EDIT

Update: It's possible that even the SR 22 works in XP 11. It's another GA I really like in XP.

So far the Arrow v4 & the SR22 work well in XP 11 b3.

I know you want nothing to do with a c172, but AFL just released v 1.72. The last version I tested in XP 10 ( v 1.70) was excellent. For those interested:

The V-35B and reality expansion pack work well in PB3, which fixed the braking issues.  The only issue now is the gear doors staying open.  That causes a bit of drag and sound. This was my first purchase for XP11, so I'm glad to finally be able to use it.

So far the Arrow v4 & the SR22 work well in XP 11 b3.

I think the Arrow will be my first payware addon plane for XP. Wow, never ever thought I'd post something like that LOL  :wink: Unfortunately circumstances are keeping me away from my flightsim PC but well, it is nice having something to look forward too. 

Again - I have to caution anyone looking to buy aircraft that aren't already updated for XP11: You have to be prepared (and not be upset) for the possibility that the developer might release a paid upgrade to a XP11 version.

VFlyteAir, in particular, ran a poll awhile back asking opinions on upgrade fees, etc, so while I wouldn't presume to know their decision on the matter, I do know they're at least thinking about it.

Which I wouldn't blame them for - any work required for a new version of the platform (I'd really love some nice shiny reflections on my 140) deserves compensation, in my view. If there's no upgrade fee, great, that's a wonderful bonus, but please be prepared in case there is - and don't blame the devs!

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Again - I have to caution anyone looking to buy aircraft that aren't already updated for XP11: You have to be prepared (and not be upset) for the possibility that the developer might release a paid upgrade to a XP11 version.

VFlyteAir, in particular, ran a poll awhile back asking opinions on upgrade fees, etc, so while I wouldn't presume to know their decision on the matter, I do know they're at least thinking about it.

Which I wouldn't blame them for - any work required for a new version of the platform (I'd really love some nice shiny reflections on my 140) deserves compensation, in my view. If there's no upgrade fee, great, that's a wonderful bonus, but please be prepared in case there is - and don't blame the devs!

According to Mario, a simple update will be free. It's for a major update requiring months of work that will not be free.

Maybe Mario can expatiate on this matter.

Here's another beauty you might be interested in:

I do not have it yet, but it's in my wish list. :smile: