Sign in to follow this  

[XP11] GA plane advice

Here's another beauty you might be interested in:

I do not have it yet, but it's in my wish list. :smile:

I wonder if it spins?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I wonder if it spins?

Did you watch the video?

This is the closest I've seen to a "Realair" in XPlane and it's xp 11 ready.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Did you watch the video?

This is the closest I've seen to a "Realair" in XPlane and it's xp 11 ready.

Yes  but I only  saw "loop", "roll", and "weird aerobatic" . If it spins I'll buy..  :Pig:

Yes  but I only  saw "loop", "roll", and "weird aerobatic" . If it spins I'll buy..  :Pig:

OMG!

I think I'm in love.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/106894-about-fournier-planes/#comment-1052733

The Fournier RF-6B is a two seater plane, all wooden construction, intended for flight schools. The purpose of René Fournier was to build an alternative to the Cessna 150 for aero clubs. But Renée wanted a lot more: Encouraged by a bunch of instructors, he designed what they often call "the best trainer ever" and, at the same time, a really pleasant airplane with aerobatics abilities.

A true versatile aircraft just for students ? No, this bird is a candy for experienced pilots too. Loops, spins, lazy eights, rolls ... let's spice your ride !

First flew on 12 March 1974. Certified for both Category A (aerobatics) and Category U (utility).  Only fifty RF-6B were produced... during the oil crisis. Bad timing.
In 1981, René Fournier sold the development rights of the RF-6B to Slingsby, a british manufacturer in good financial health. The T-67 is born as the daughter of the RF-6B, a commercial success.

As an enthusiast pilot flying on this machine, JNelson suggested Avia71 to design an accurate model for X-Plane. We didn't need a lot of investigations to take up the challenge. We strongly want to thank JNelson for his help. Thanks for documentation, pictures, advice and of course thanks for being a great beta tester. This model is an accurate X-Plane version of the IRL bird.

OMG!

I think I'm in love.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/106894-about-fournier-planes/#comment-1052733

The Fournier RF-6B is a two seater plane, all wooden construction, intended for flight schools. The purpose of René Fournier was to build an alternative to the Cessna 150 for aero clubs. But Renée wanted a lot more: Encouraged by a bunch of instructors, he designed what they often call "the best trainer ever" and, at the same time, a really pleasant airplane with aerobatics abilities.

A true versatile aircraft just for students ? No, this bird is a candy for experienced pilots too. Loops, spins, lazy eights, rolls ... let's spice your ride !

First flew on 12 March 1974. Certified for both Category A (aerobatics) and Category U (utility).  Only fifty RF-6B were produced... during the oil crisis. Bad timing.
In 1981, René Fournier sold the development rights of the RF-6B to Slingsby, a british manufacturer in good financial health. The T-67 is born as the daughter of the RF-6B, a commercial success.

As an enthusiast pilot flying on this machine, JNelson suggested Avia71 to design an accurate model for X-Plane. We didn't need a lot of investigations to take up the challenge. We strongly want to thank JNelson for his help. Thanks for documentation, pictures, advice and of course thanks for being a great beta tester. This model is an accurate X-Plane version of the IRL bird.

Sorry I meant this particular model in XP11 not in real life. Nearly everything spins in real life :)

Sorry I meant this particular model in XP11 not in real life. Nearly everything spins in real life :)

I got that info from the product page. I guess will have to wait and see from who gets it first. :smile:

If it spins I'll buy..  :Pig:

A little bit of history... Until X-Plane 9 there was an issue in the flight model that prevented correct rotation dynamics and hence prevented spins. I spotted it, and it was corrected in X-Plane 10.

Another issue is the fact that control effectiveness did not decrease after stall, now this also seems to have been corrected by Austin in X-Plane 11.

Moreover, now aircraft designer can plug in their forces into the flight dynamics (or replace it altogether), so there is nothing in principle that would prevent making an aircraft that spins realistically in X-Plane.

But probably it is not an easy task, as demonstrated by MSFS, where it took many years before someone (RealAir) finally designed virtual aircrafts that could spin realistically.

Certainly having an aircraft capable of realistically spinning in X-Plane would be a breakthrough, but it takes a very good flight dynamics designer to achieve that, just like was the case with MSFS.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

That RF-6B looks interesting. Nice checklist interaction.

I'd be *far* more interested in some of the Slingsby variants - particularly the T67M260-T3A Firefly, with it's 260hp Lycoming. :smile:  Especially since the T3A served as an air force trainer in Canada for about a dozen years.

As it is though, it's now on my radar, so thanks for the video!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

The exterior looks great but the interior has room fir improvement IMO

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The exterior looks great but the interior has room fir improvement IMO

Yes I'm quoting myself.  Sorry I was wrong, thinking of another addon.  This interior is quite good!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looks nice but seems rather slow and I do like to have an AP in my planes, even if it is very basic... The checklist is nice though.

In FSX, I fly Eaglesoft's Cessna Citation X v1. I've looked for a Citation X (C750) for xplane 10 and haven't been able to locate one. Does anyone know if one has been created for xplane?

FSX Gold SP2 (FSGen + GEX + UTX + REX) --- XP10 / XP11 --- MSFS 2020

Intel i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz / 16GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo / MFG Crosswind v3

No

Try DDENN's challenger jet. Or maybe the RWD Hawker 4000

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |