Sign in to follow this  
FreeBird(Josh)

Joshua's Holo Holo Hawaiian Tour

Joshua's Holo Holo Hawaiian Tour

Download-hawaii-1080p-wallpaper.jpg

Are you cold if so lets warm up and get ready for a once in a lifetime Hawaiian experience. To get ready for our trip we will have to install a few things. You don't have to but if you want the ultimate experience in HI fidelity you must as ORBX Hawaii sucks. Listed below are the sceneries you will need to install. Please follow the readme's for instructions. These flights will be a combination of airplanes and helicopters(if you want). For each of the three flights I will give a short description, flight plan and instructions. I'm really looking forward to these as they will be some of the best flights you have ever had and along with my local knowledge you're in for a treat. We will be doing these starting the first week of January on Sat the 7th so you got 3 weeks to get her done.  Josh

Download all parts.  I really recommend the Plus versions but they will cost you about $12 but worth it.      http://hawaii-photoreal.com/downloads/  ( Note also download the first two patches on the right)

This is the Island of Kauai   http://www.lockonfiles.com/files/file/1602-fsx-kauai-hawaii-scenery-pack-v100/

These are add on airports.  (note when using these disable ORBX NA airports)     http://flight-sim-jewels.com/hawaiian-airports-by-george-keogh/

This is Hawaii autogen like hotels and stuff.      http://www.mediafire.com/file/5vm86sd8yn7n89x/Hawaii_Objects.zip      

Ships AI    http://library.avsim...php?DLID=194715

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Hi Josh, this sounds good.

I am only now recovering from a bad spell of illness so have been unable to join for any sessions, even in part.

I know these islands well as I have take many holidays to all the major islands over the years.

As such I went to payware to fill the void for airports along with the freeware stuff available.

FS Dreamteam has a suite of the major airports which includes some of the small ones as well.

If interested, I know its an investment, for me it was worth it as I love these islands and go for flights around here all the time.

The trio from FS Dreamteam are:

Honolulu - as well it features all the civilian terminals and the Hickam Field military area.

Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 - Hilo/Lihue - for the Big Island, and Kauai, includes several smaller strips, can't recall at this moment which ones....like Barking Sands, Waimea etc.

Hawaiian Airports Vol. 2 - Kahului/Kona - for Muai and the Big Island.  I'm pretty sure Hana and Upolu are included.

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products.html

There a some conflicts with Orbx stuff that need to be addressed of course.

Anyway, if you like the islands then I highly recommend this suite of payware.

Merry Christmas

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Josh, let me agree that the Hawaii Photoreal Scenery project (by Javier Trinidad) is a great success. (The "Plus" versions are superb.) The addition of George Keogh's Hawaiian Airports yields excellent payware-quality models and the extra buildings/trees/objects for Maui and Oahu provide detail that helps our imaginations. And Ironhand's Kauai is very good as well.

You are right that the normal landclass depictions that we use don't quite capture the tropical richness of the islands. That atmosphere now comes through so very well in the photoreal textures. A truly beautiful environment for our mid-winter vacation.

Great setup for the Holo Holo. Looking forward to it.

--M

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Does anybody else has a problem downloading the photoreal sceneries? I always get an error message that "the file had been changed at the remote server", and the download stops. This on the normal version, not the plus.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Does anybody else has a problem downloading the photoreal sceneries? I always get an error message that "the file had been changed at the remote server", and the download stops. This on the normal version, not the plus.

Try a different web browser.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Thanks Josh!

I tried that, no success. But downloading without a download manager did it. So I'm downloading the scenery now.

Happy New Year!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

I had done some sceneries for  Hawaii for FSX a while back.. that you could try.. it works in P3D 

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Manny+Mahadevan&CatID=root&Go=Search

These are add on airports.  (note when using these disable ORBX NA airports)     http://flight-sim-je...y-george-keogh/

Put this on top of my sceneries

George Keogh airports need to be on top

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi, those Hawaii and Maui Objects should be installed above the rest of all Hawaii-related sceneries?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Aloha,

It's colder than a "witch's t_t" here and would like make sure this installation is correct so I can warm up with you guys come Saturday - a daunting task! Lots to read, re-read and do again... 4 hours now (coffee not working too) and haven't even pulled the trigger to start FS! Based on Javier's old site it's kind of coming clearer. Think I got it except for one.. or 2 or 3...

1) In George Keogh's part 3 it states -

4. Optional: If you are using Photoreal textures
1. copy contents of the Kauai autogen folder to your Kauai Photoreal TEXTURE folder and
2. copy contents of the Hawaii autogen folder to your Hawaii Big Island TEXTURE folder. This will draw autogen trees around the airports.

Does this mean the pay/freeware Big Island and the "Ironhand" (Lock-On files) Kauai folders?

2) Looks like an added mesh is not necessary.. From Javier (old site) -

HD Mesh based on digital elevation data provided by the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission at a resolution of 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10 meters).

Other mesh probably frowned on based on some writings at "Escape from Misty Moorings". No mesh then? Set FS to 10M ?

3) Josh - did you mod/correct Maui's Objects (this post) and not include other parts? Lots of files missing from the original Reid download... (That one is confusing :Doh:)

4) Global & Vector (run AEC) on? (of course turn off Orbx NA Airports)

5) This is what I have now.. Any blaring errors?

Hawaii.jpg?dl=0

Pulling the trigger, fingers crossed.
MAHALO!

EDIT - Have a warm, fuzzy feeling :-)  

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap