Sign in to follow this  
charliewards

Finally! Photo scenery with autogen

I have Megascenery Illinois and Alabama with Nuvecta Treeline but stopped using both because the photo scenery was too flat for vfr flight. I just bought Nuvecta's new "Landscape" for both states and wow what a difference. Lots of trees and buildings. Anyone else have it?

Hi there Charlie.

I saw the product Nuvecta some time ago.  I wasn't too impressed by the underlying airphoto quality I guess in their screenshots.

But the Megascenery stuff looks quite superior so I guess the Nuvecta autogen looks much better in combo with the Megascenery.

I would be very interested in seeing some screenshots to be able to relate to how well these work in combination.  As I might then look to add some Megascenery HD stuff which up until now I have been avoiding.

I dont see Landscape on their website.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

On their website it says coming soon.. did you get an early release preview or see it elsewhere?

Very curious (I have the trees for PA myself).

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Ultimate VFR has autogen, water, and night lighting.    Don't buy anything else just yet.  They are releasing a new version 2.0, every US state available, in the very near future!  Worth it for the night lighting alone.  https://store.ultimatevfr.com/  No release date, but in the final phases.  I'm a beta tester.

Obviously, the complete site is not back up yet.  They had Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona in version one but not there anymore. 

On their website it says coming soon.. did you get an early release preview or see it elsewhere?

Very curious (I have the trees for PA myself).

Simmarket has it... strange that there's nothing on the Nuvecta sight. I did a comparing between it and trees... and landscape is much better because it adds buildings. However I don't know if it includes trees or you need it separately to get everything. 

I have been waiting for Ultimate VFR for ever!  Am not going to hold my breath. :wink:

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

pugilist2, on 19 Dec 2016 - 5:18 PM, said:

I have been waiting for Ultimate VFR for ever! Am not going to hold my breath. :wink:

I'm not holding my breath, lol I need the oxygen to breathe as I'm putting the finishing touches on V2.0 as we speak... I wasn't satisfied with things the way they were so have been hard at work finishing up things to the quality level both customers and I have been wanting... That has meant building completely new installers, developing the night light and water systems further and basically rebuilding everything for version 2.0... You may be pleasantly surprised...

Good news!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Simmarket has it... strange that there's nothing on the Nuvecta sight. I did a comparing between it and trees... and landscape is much better because it adds buildings. However I don't know if it includes trees or you need it separately to get everything. 

The screenies on Simmarket look to include both trees and buildings.

Any change you can post some screenshots with Megascenery and this product?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

The overall green tinge is disturbing. I have Megascenery and it has that general green coloring which discourages me from using it - want real looking landscapes at VFR.

• Upvote 1

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

The overall green tinge is disturbing. I have Megascenery and it has that general green coloring which discourages me from using it - want real looking landscapes at VFR.

Interesting. I never noticed the tint because If I see something long enough it looks normal (fellow photographers know what I mean when trying to color correct). So I decided to do a side by side with stock P3D, and yup... it's very green. I don't mind because of the trade off in more accurate ground references. 

P3D:

31618668562_22e46b3537_h.jpg

Mega w/Landscape:

30923990404_19bafa1c6b_h.jpg

Since Landscape is designed independently from any specific photoscenry and should work with any photoscenery, a problem is (apart from the trees on the road on the lower right of the last picture) that the colours of the autogen trees do not really match the colour of the photoscenery below. And if the autogen trees are season-dependent it will get worse in autumn and winter.

I really hope for UltimateVFR delivering a better fine-tuned solution.

Thanks for the screen shots.. better than no autogen i guess on the landscapes.. however, to me it looks more scattered, like thrown in randomly, rather than conforming to the underlying structure, maybe i'm wrong though.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking: