Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

SMPv4 vs. xEnviro vs. AS16&ASCA

Which one is that?  My visuals...for the short 1/2 hour I could fly tonight...need to do other things...hear the wife's voice changing er...'timbre'...lol...but jest aside...SMP 3.x was not speaking properly and rendering properly to XP11.  Not at all...I had lush clouds...but always...the same light to dark color tendrils...nothing ENACTED upon them. Not now...by gawd!   The view is stunning...like I said..a new sim. Most happy. Most...

Actually, in a closing thought...one of the first visuals differences I saw, as I climbed out past 1,500 feet..is that WOW...look at the detail, that was being choked to death in a over-done, haze and fog layer, with stock XP11, or XP11 under a ported v3.x.   I changed the sim to late dusk...and I could almost see Detroit waaaay down along I-75 from Oakland County...wow...the highway and animation was incredible...the clarity incredible...and yet...clouds...a 'wispy/wet feel to the laden air...and this was no where to be seen with SMP 3x in gear.  

I'll post pics...as I get the feel of my 'new' XP11....LOL!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :hi:  

Mitch

Look forward to your pics, but don't ###### off the wife ha...

This is the bug, seems it affects clouds being shown to the horizon in XP11.  Works fine in XP10, but needs a fix from Laminar to fix in 11.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/499839-skymaxx-pro-v4-coming-tomorrow/?p=3531077

No doubt for me, xEnviro looks even much better than AS16 (in terms of realism and general armonization of clouds with the rest of the lighting).

• Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

For a minute I thought the xEnviro screenshots were from DTG Flight School. :lol:

Looking good. Thank you for sharing.

Guest Mik75

Thanks for your opinions, guys!! ;-)

I think it's safe to say, that many people like puffy clouds and impressive cloudscapes!

Personally, I really like AS16 with ASCA in the current open beta state a lot!

But seeing xEnviro in person, and in motion, with atmospheric effects and sky colours changing in real time, as you fly through the weather, creates a huge level of immersion for me! This effect is sadly not visible in the screenshots. Although I think, that the last two pics of the xEnviro set really create a very believable effect of actual bad weather.

Great comparison work. I still dont have a 3Party wx engine yet for XP. Still undecided. They still look flat, painted and unnatural for the most part. Straight lines on the bottom it seems. To my eye, ASN16 wins hands down.  However what the XP WX engines are at right now is where AS and REX were a few years ago and it took alot of work and rework to get where they are today. So in due time it can only get better. IMHO

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

From the screenshots alone for me XEnviro works best. Maybe it's just the brighter colours but to me it looks more real.

Guest Mik75

Thanks for stopping by!

The weak part of SMP is still present in its current version, at least in my opinion.

And that's the lack of variety. The cumulus clouds look quite nice, no doubt, but AS16, coupled with ASCA, and especially xEnviro show more different cloud types.

Thanks for stopping by!

The weak part of SMP is still present in its current version, at least in my opinion.

And that's the lack of variety. The cumulus clouds look quite nice, no doubt, but AS16, coupled with ASCA, and especially xEnviro show more different cloud types.

I agree.  SMP 4 works very well.  I just see all those cloud layers, tendrils, etc...and the XEnviro hook settles deeper in the mouth....

both  x-enviro and sky maxx looks good, i am still hoping active sky takes notice, i like the seperate app with asn.for the ones using sky maxx, you might want to look into the efb program effass, it's free with popups, 30.00 if you buy. it's an all in one flight planner, weather engine, and efb, the new beta is out for current paid owners. it looks really nice. people with 2 monitors would would really be able to take advantage of effass.you can also network if you have another pc or laptop.  http://froom.de/efass/

both  x-enviro and sky maxx looks good, i am still hoping active sky takes notice, i like the seperate app with asn.for the ones using sky maxx, you might want to look into the efb program effass, it's free with popups, 30.00 if you buy. it's an all in one flight planner, weather engine, and efb, the new beta is out for current paid owners. it looks really nice. people with 2 monitors would would really be able to take advantage of effass.you can also network if you have another pc or laptop.  http://froom.de/efass/

I was looking into that last night after watching an IXEG tutorial video - saves out and import right into 737 - look into that program in the future   :wink:

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

I was looking into that last night after watching an IXEG tutorial video - saves out and import right into 737 - look into that program in the future   :wink:

EFASS (NG) is a fantastic program. I use it on every XP flight!

EFASS (NG) is a fantastic program. I use it on every XP flight!

Cool thank you Mike 

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

Cool thank you Mike

Look for a few videos about EFASS NG (which is going to replace the origaibal version) on YouTube, Rich! It's really a bag full of useful tricks, especially when flying online. The moving map contains much valuable information, even the Navigraph chart cloud is integrated, so you don't have to have 20 different windows opened during flying.

Look for a few videos about EFASS NG (which is going to replace the origaibal version) on YouTube, Rich! It's really a bag full of useful tricks, especially when flying online. The moving map contains much valuable information, even the Navigraph chart cloud is integrated, so you don't have to have 20 different windows opened during flying.

Will do thanks  :wink:

Rich Sennett