Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

XP11 Cleared To Land

Quite impressive. I wonder how much money I had to put into P3D to make it look at least almost like that ;) (and I'm so jealous of that autogen and unlimited LOD)

If only PMDG and FS2Crew would release 737 support for that sim...

There is a valid 737-400 :) And other Boeings too.

@OP: Screenshot is amazing!

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Huge thanks - amazing comments All - Happy Holidays everyone  :wink: XP11 amazing 

Rich Sennett

Spectacular :smile:  

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

@france89: which addon you would recommend for 737 here? TBH default 737 system depth as far as I saw on youtube beta videos and I know nothing about Xplane addons. I don't think there is any that can actually match PMDG including failure modeling, but again - no knowledge here so its just assumptions :)  

Huge thanks - amazing comments All - Happy Holidays everyone   XP11 amazing

Hi Rich,

you are a great ambassador for x-plane and xenviro, glad that you crossed the border

Tom

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

@france89: which addon you would recommend for 737 here?

I recommend the amazing IXEG 737. I don' t know if the Aircraft is 100% compatible with xp11 at this time. But maybe, someone else knows this...

Tom

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Hi Rich,

you are a great ambassador for x-plane and xenviro, glad that you crossed the border

Tom

That's a masterpiece!

Thank you my Friends - happy to be aboard - very happy  :dance:

Rich Sennett

I recommend the amazing IXEG 737. I don' t know if the Aircraft is 100% compatible with xp11 at this time. But maybe, someone else knows this...

Tom

The APU won't work but there's a quick fix for it in Planemaker, from what I read. It's a very impressive add-on and by a country mile the best add-on currently available for XP. While it's not quite as rock solid from a programming viewpoint as say the PMDG 737 (there's still some patching going on of the VNAV and a few other issues) it surpasses the NGX in many other ways.  

• Upvote 1

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

"it surpasses the NGX in many other ways"

such as? I am really curious as some RW airline pilots stated in their comments on few forums that  PMDG is currently closest you can get to 737 sim without spending few million dollars

P.S. as we are derailing from XPlane screenshots a bit, I would really appreciate if you could leave me PM with your reply :)

Tom

It seems to be about 97% compatible.  You have to go into "Plane Maker" to get the APU working and the glossy textures are not there yet, but everything else seems to work good. Keep in mind that the IXEG 733 is not a completely finished product yet also.

"it surpasses the NGX in many other ways"

such as? I am really curious as some RW airline pilots stated in their comments on few forums that  PMDG is currently closest you can get to 737 sim without spending few million dollars

P.S. as we are derailing from XPlane screenshots a bit, I would really appreciate if you could leave me PM with your reply :)

The main reason it surpasses PMDG is because it is compatible with X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 11 is 64bit with no VAS issues. P3D has a long way to go (along with all of the payware addons) before it can join the 64bit club.

Other than that, I would say that it is on the same level as PMDG except that the IXEG has some things that have to be completed before it is a completely finished product.

• Upvote 1

Exceptional shot, Rich!

such as? I am really curious as some RW airline pilots stated in their comments on few forums that PMDG is currently closest you can get to 737 sim

One of the devs of IXEG is a real world pilot on the 737-300.
  • Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Exceptional shot, Rich!

One of the devs of IXEG is a real world pilot on the 737-300.

Thanks Carlo  :wink: good info thanks - looking forward to the IXEG updated shiny version 

Rich Sennett

That's one hell of a shot! That's the type of weather depiction I've been waiting for in X-Plane.

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.