Sign in to follow this  
Mephic

Realistic AS16 NGX settings (turbulence)

Hi

I'm trying to find right balance for NGX in AS16 configuration.

Would anyone who is using this software be able to share the settings? I am currently using 35 Wake turbulence (default: 50) and 70 wind turbulence (default 100) as it seems that anything above that makes the aircraft go wild when autopilot is ON. Enhanced turbulence OFF.

I posted this on PMDG forum as I think that here I'll be able to find best advice from 737 drivers.

why not  just trial an  error  method   to see  what works  for  you

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Because what I "like" may not be what is realistic and I'd like to see most close to RW depiction I'm able to.

For realism, I've had to dial everything down A LOT.  

I've noticed- an "immersion package" overdoes the immersion.   A weather package tends to over do the "weather".   An AI injection package seems to overdo the AI....These packages are great but by default, in my opinion, the settings need to be dialed down.   They all seem a little over anxious to show off their main trait.   The settings you've mentioned, I have dialed down to 10% or less.   Crazy, I know.   But I like being able to actually land.

Mark Trainer

Well, I don't have any issues with landing since I'm doing this almost every day for some years now with NGX and I had some great fun fighting turbulence and crosswinds - it's just  I don't find them always realistic and I know that if I would be one of pax on my planes I would probably simply puke all flight.

Anyway - I settled on 40% wake and 70% wind. Seems to match rw behavior and also ND behavior in flight.

settled on 40% wake

One of these days a Cessna in the hold short position is going to take you out of the sky. I have wake turbulence set to 0.

A lot of truth spoken here.  I don't think air movement in P3D is very good.  It's not going to be too realistic.  Best you can get is having to react.  I was near a winter cloud with 100% turbulence turned on and the A320 couldn't keep up with the turbulence...a fairly rare event and I don't think I was in a SIGMET area.  I've dialed back to 70 and may go down to 50. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Kostas, one of the HiFi Tech developers, recommends that AS2016's Turbulence Scale setting be at 35 when flying the FSL A320X. I hold to that setting regardless of what I'm flying (the NGX included), and it seems to be both manageable and exciting (at times). And please, don't fly through thunderstorms...

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

So you don't touch wind nor wake turbulence, just set this one global setting?

So you don't touch wind nor wake turbulence, just set this one global setting?

I don't change the wind turbulence but I do dial down the wake turbulence to 25-30...it always seems a bit severe.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

The FSX turbulence model does unrealistic things to flight dynamics. Also, with 100% IAS variations are ridiculous. 25% for all turbulence settings suits me.

ki9cAAb.jpg

ASN user here. Wake turbulence 0 (off), and wind turbulence at 70% for PMDG addons, 30% for FSL A320

I found 70% to be quite realistic for where I usually fly, maybe a bit on the challenging side. 30% for FSL only because their autoflight system cannot handle it otherwise.

No updraft/downdrafts.

Dave P. Woycek